EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
NEW HIRE SALARY RANGE: $46,800 - $54,080/year ($22.50/hr - $26.00/hr)
POSITION SUMMARY: Collaborate with VP, Child & Family Services, and site Directors to provide for the overall front office and administrative functioning of the clinic. Coordinate office functions and supervise administrative and clerical support positions in support of clinic operations. Work on special projects assigned by VP, Child & Family Services or Director(s) of Clinical Services in charge of clinic and/or teams at a site. Assist Director(s) of Clinical Services and Program Managers in all aspects of job as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Hire, evaluate, direct, coordinate and assign duties for administrative and clerical support positions to the department.
- In VP or Director’s absence, provide for coordination of department and program needs. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
- Organize, compose, and produce confidential letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents for the site Directors.
- Collect program data and maintain data base systems; may be required to sort, provide basic analysis, and report data for internal and/or external usage.
- Maintain calendars and schedule appointments and meetings for the VP of the department.
- Compose minutes at designated meetings; prepare and distribute as appropriate.
- Receive and screen clinic and managerial telephone communications.
- As assigned by VP or site Directors, respond to requests for information, ensuring all paperwork is properly executed, and consumer and employee confidentiality is protected.
- Coordinate the maintenance of other filing systems, databases, and perform data retrieval for staff and consumer information.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Research topics, create presentations, and provide project support to the VP as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on the needs of the VP or individual site Directors.
High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing C-Level administrative experience, or related work.
- Experience providing support to multiple managers/directors preferred.
- Supervisory and/or behavioral health/human service/medical background is preferred.
- Prior project coordination experience highly desired.
- Event planning/ marketing experience a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency with word processing (60 wpm input speed) and computer spreadsheets (Word for Windows, Access, Excel preferred).
- Strong organizational skills, knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and word definitions.
- Ability to supervise and direct others in a positive and straightforward manner, using effective verbal and written communication.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.