Director of Brand and Special Projects | Job Description
Who are we?
MATTE is a 360° full-service creative studio at the convergence of hype, storytelling and design. We bring people together to inspire new ways of engaging, to provoke long term progress, and to entertain audiences around the world, while helping forward-thinking brands and institutions nimbly and truly do the same. Our studio capabilities range from strategic ideation and insights, creative development, branding and identity, experiential, web design and development, campaigns and content creation, all the way through full-scale production and execution.
About this role:
The Director of Brand and Special Projects at MATTE is a strategic leadership role responsible for overseeing all aspects of brand management, as well as conceiving and executing special projects that enhance our brand's visibility and reputation. This individual will also be responsible for managing all corporate and social media communications. This role reports into the Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for:
Role + Responsibilities:
- Brand Program Development and Management:
- Develop and execute the company's brand programming across content, communications, events and partnerships to ensure a consistent and compelling brand identity.
- Special Projects:
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute special projects that align with the company's mission and values.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Manage project budgets and timelines to achieve project goals efficiently.
- Corporate Communication:
- Develop and maintain a consistent and compelling corporate communication strategy.
- Oversee the creation of press releases, annual reports, and other corporate communication materials.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media contacts.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of marketing and communication professionals.
- Foster a collaborative and creative work environment that encourages innovation.
- Performance Measurement:
- Develop KPIs and metrics to track the effectiveness of brand initiatives and special projects.
- Regularly report on the performance and ROI of brand and special project efforts.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field. MBA or relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in brand management and special project execution.
- Strong knowledge of marketing, social media, and corporate communication strategies.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Creative and strategic thinking, with the ability to think outside the box.
Salary: $145,000-160,000/ annum
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with a 4% company contribution max match
- Fully covered yearly Citibike membership
- Talkspace membership
- Competitive PTO package
- End of Year Recharge paid time off
- Sabbatical Program option after three years of employment with us
- Parental Leave for all new parents
- Hybrid Environment
Everyone is welcome at MATTE - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. MATTE provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MATTE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.