Who are we?
MATTE is a 360° full-service creative studio at the convergence of hype, storytelling and design. We bring people together to inspire new ways of engaging, to provoke long term progress, and to entertain audiences around the world, while helping forward-thinking brands and institutions nimbly and truly do the same. Our studio capabilities range from strategic ideation and insights, creative development, branding and identity, experiential, web design and development, campaigns and content creation, all the way through full-scale production and execution.
About this role:
MATTE is looking for a Senior Experiential Designer to join it’s fast-growing Creative department. The Senior Experiential Designer will be responsible for leading high-end experiential designs on a variety of clients. The Senior Experiential Designer will report to the Creative Director and will work closely with Creatives and Client Directors. The role is responsible for conceptualizing and translating strategies into compelling, and integrated designs within a built environment. This position will carry a project from the creative and strategic approach to the actual production. Greater responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Lead aspects of experiential production design for each project from green light through to delivery, including:
- Responsible for leading the environmental design on assigned projects of various scales including creative conception (moodboards), floorplans, renderings, environmental graphics and construction/technical documentation.
- Works on multiple projects in various capacities (as lead designer or as oversight), meeting internal and client deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Lead and shepherd creative from concept stages through to production working with producers and project managers to deliver the final product.
- Works closely with outside vendors (e.g. animators, lighting designers, sound designers etc.) to conceptualize and guide specialty design.
- Liaise with creative team and producers to translate renderings and 3D designs into technical drawings using CAD software.
- Provide layered plans to be shared with various vendors such as lighting, audio, scenic, video
- Combine and maintain technical drawings for review by creative team, technical team and permitters
- Make adjustments based creative and technical feedback
- Provide plans to vendors for bidding, inclusive of measurements, elevations, sections
- Provide creative and logical solutions that reduce the budget without compromising creative integrity
- Manage direct contact with our clients and play a key role in building a prolific partnership.
- Represent MATTE from a design POV and are the point person for our production team.You assist with the execution of the art direction and help to improve the work by offering new angles, best practices and practical solutions — guaranteeing projects meet our standards.
- Be responsible for setting up a training framework and make sure our documentation is flawless.
- High level knowledge of build, construction, materials.
- Maintain block library and other commonly used assets
- Visit venues in advance to gather necessary information and dimensions required
- Identify potential bottlenecks and develop improvements to drawing workflow.
- Collaborate with the Experiential Creative Director to develop thoughtful and impactful, purpose-based creative solutions and ideas for both the department and for a wide range of clients.
- Work with client specific brand guidelines and bring projects from concept through production
- Create and maintain consistent, high level visuals, standards and specifications.
- Work strategically and in partnership with internal teams to build, maintain, and improve internal and external processes, workflows, systems, and policies
Compensation range: 100,000-130,000/yr
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in experiential production design/ spatial design/ or architecture.
- At least 5 years in the field of production/asset design and are ready to take on this role with mentor-like responsibilities.
- You can contribute to different stages of the production process; from setting styles and layouts to cutting formats and language versioning.
- You can handle repetitive tasks and stay focused.
- You are well versed in documenting and enforcing guidelines.
- You are a clear communicator and are happy to work with designers from all over the world.
- Expertise in CAD Software
- Knowledge of Rhino is a plus
MATTE provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MATTE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.