Who are we?
MATTE is a 360° full-service creative studio at the convergence of hype, storytelling and design. We bring people together to inspire new ways of engaging, to provoke long term progress, and to entertain audiences around the world, while helping forward-thinking brands and institutions nimbly and truly do the same. Our studio capabilities range from strategic ideation and insights, creative development, branding and identity, experiential, web design and development, campaigns and content creation, all the way through full-scale production and execution.
About this role:
We are seeking an experienced and creative Director of Experiential Production to report to the Head of Experiential Production. This role will support in leading our production team and oversee producers in the execution of experiential marketing campaigns, events, and activations, as well as being the experiential lead in pre-sale processes in consultation with the Head of Production. The role is responsible for assisting in the general oversight of MATTE’s multi-million dollar production business unit and managing the production team, which includes full-time and contracted staff. This role will be responsible for:
Role + Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Head of Experiential Production, oversee the production team to ensure successful execution of experiential marketing campaigns, events, and activations, from concept development to delivery.
- Work closely with the creative team to develop innovative and effective campaign concepts that align with the client's objectives and budget during the pre-sale process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including account management, strategy, creative, and operations, to ensure seamless integration of all aspects of the campaign.
- Manage presale work-stream, developing project timelines and budgets in support of Head of Production.
- Develop vendor relationships and support in negotiating long term partnership deals with key vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, permits, and licenses for events and activations.
- Stay current with industry trends, technology, and best practices, and bring innovative ideas to the team.
- Support Head of Production in managing creative vision and business execution across all productions in alignment with agency brand standards
- Work with Head of Production to develop departmental tools and processes
- Oversee producers on hitting revenue goals throughout project execution in collaboration with Head of Production
- Collaborate with internal counterparts/colleagues, clients & production partners
- Monitor out-of-scope requests on productions they are overseeing and support project producers to initiate additional estimates and approvals
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in experiential marketing production, including event management and production.
- Proven experience managing and leading a team.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience managing vendor relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to manage budgets and timelines.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and permits for events and activations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with a 4% company contribution match
- Fully covered yearly Citibike membership
- Talkspace membership
- Competitive PTO package
- End of Year Recharge paid time off
- Sabbatical Program option after three years of employment with us
- Parental Leave for all new parents
- Flexible work from home and remote options for specific roles
Everyone is welcome at MATTE - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. MATTE provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MATTE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.