MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
About Opportunity for All Youth
You will be responsible for organizing of all program delivery and results for hiring, Youth Futures and other relevant youth programming and activities. Supports Youth and Program Services team to define leading practice and as needed to deliver our brand promise.
What you will be responsible for doing?
- Responsible for operations and execution of all hiring activities to engage youth and place in jobs (3:1 hire success ratio or better) to achieve our goal of 40000
- Coordination of hiring calendar and delivery/troubleshooting of ongoing and once off hiring events
- Input of all recording deliverables for activities
- Support program design for continued improvement of youth experience and products
- Deliver all activities to our brand promise and service standards, identify areas for continuous improvement of service delivery
Who will I interact with?
- Internal Clients
- Human Resources
- Talent acquisition
- other corporate services
- Human Resources
- External Clients
- Young people of Canada
How will i innovate
- Drive impeccable service standards to our stakeholders
- Supporting breaking down of hiring process barriers
- User testing our digital toolbox with stakeholders
- Supporting iterative improvement
- Delivery of products with a ‘youth as user’ approach
What qualifications, skills and experience would you like me to have?
- As a minimum you should
- be High School/College educated
- have worked directly with youth in previous roles (1-2 years)
- have some Customer Service Experience
- love organizing!
- see process gaps and inefficiencies, as a personal challenge to fix and improve
- be detail Oriented (little room for mistakes)
- have great administration skills
- be great at problem Solving
- be excellent at critical thinking
- be able to provide Customer Service Skills for a variety of stakeholders
- be familiar with digital Events- tech hosting on Zoom (or other platforms), tech savvy
- have experience working directly or indirectly with youth
- If you want to leap over your competition, it would be great if you
- had a college or bachelors education
- had experience within Human Resources, especially recruiting
- have an interest in building new processes
- are able to direct us in a shift from paper-based processes to the digital world
What’s it like to work at MaRS?
On top of working for a mission-driven organization with a passionate, smart and engaged team, you can expect to enjoy some of these perks:
- Access to a wide array of fascinating conferences and lectures hosted by MaRS
- A very active social committee that organizes potlucks, “serendipity coffee” dates, the annual MaRS Summer Games, Trivia Nights, team building outings, and summer golf day
- Joining the MaRS softball team and knocking it out of the park
- Indoor bike parking and showers
- Discounted gym membership
You’ll be working at the MaRS Centre – a vibrant, architecturally inspiring complex connected to the subway. In early 2014, MaRS increased its innovation footprint to 1.5 million square feet with the opening of its 20-storey West Tower, making it one of the world’s largest innovation hubs.
For more about what it’s like to work at MaRS, check out our profile on B Meaningful.
- Open-concept office environment
- Typical operating business hours of 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
MaRS Discovery District is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #marsdd on your resume and complete our online application form. Applications received by any other means, may not be considered.
Application submissions are due on June 18, 2021
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.