Market Research Analyst - Health
MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs. MaRS supports promising young ventures tackling key societal challenges in the Health, Cleantech, Fintech and Enterprise Software sectors. In addition to helping startups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries and driving ideas to impact.
About MaRS Knowledge & Insights
We empower ventures with data driven insights to accelerate their growth and succeed on the world stage. Effectively, we help them gain access to talent, enter new markets and raise capital.
We do this by providing high-value services that are essential to a startup’s success, in areas including:
- Market Intelligence
- Sales and marketing
About your role
In this role, your key responsibility is to support Canadian based ventures with market research. The Market Research Analyst will work closely with companies to understand their needs, develop market research proposals, execute research studies and present recommendatrions. In addition, the Analyst will be involved in collaborating with the Market Intelligence Team to develop research assets and tools, refine and improve service offerings, and introduce strategies to elevate the team’s research capabilities.
The Market Research Analyst, will also have the opportunity to contribute and publish thought leadership content that will be shared publicly within the Innovation Community, and with other relevant stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing, executing and delivering customized market research projects to high potential companies. Current research offerings include market opportunity assessments, market sizing models, investment intelligence, global and regional market analysis, brand audits, and customer/competitor analysis
- Reviewing market research questions from early-stage companies and providing relevant secondary market research reports
- Developing market research assets, tools and frameworks to operationalize and streamline service offerings
- Working closely with colleagues to develop strategies and methodologies to elevate team’s market research capabilities
- Organizing and facilitating workshops to help companies convert market insights into actional business strategies
- Contributing to and/or leading thought leadership publications and events
- Other special projects as needed – managing Regional Innovation Centre relations, vendor database management and other strategic projects
You demonstrate passion for entrepreneurship and innovation and the desire to use your skills in market research to support the growth of Canadian-based technology companies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and interest in Health (other areas include Digital Health, Artificial Intelligence, Platform technologies and other innovation accelerators)
- 1 - 3 Years of experience in scoping and designing market research projects, drafting project proposals, executing market research studies and managing project timelines
- Highly proficient in primary and secondary market research
- Skilled in working with quantitative datasets
- Able to distil complex information into useful insights and actionalble recommendations
- Expertise in designing and executing primary research studies such as surveys, focus groups and in-depth interviews is an asset
- Able to work in a highly collaborative and agile team environment
- Able to work independently to accomplish goals, but also contribute ideas, energy, solutions, and feedback to the team
- Self-starter with personal accountability and commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Professional verbal and written communication style that is clear and concise
- Highly adaptable to change, thriving within a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with colleagues and external clients
- Organized, efficient, and able to plan and manage time effectively
Educational qualifications in one or more of the following fields is required (or equivalent experience):
- Master’s degree
Postgraduate Degree and/or certificate in one of the following fields is an asset:
- Sc., MBA or other equivalent
- Market research certificate and/or designation
- Experience working in within Pharma, Health tech or Medical Device companies
- Experience working in Market Research, or within a Consulting environment
Feel like you would be a great candidate for this position but don't see specific skills/experience listed that map to your capabilities? Apply anyways! We are always looking for candidates with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
What it’s like to work at MaRS
MaRS is a vibrant, architecturally inspiring innovation hub with 1.5 million square feet of laboratory, collaboration, and office space connected directly to the Queen’s Park subway stop at College and University. MaRS employees enjoy many perks such as:
- Access to a wide array of fascinating conferences and lectures hosted by MaRS
- A very active social committee that organizes potlucks, “serendipity coffee” dates, the annual MaRS Summer Games, team building outings, and more
- The MaRS softball team, yoga at noon, and discounted gym memberships
- Indoor bike parking and showers
Our mission-driven organization is filled with passionate, smart people who are finding and turning the levers that will move the economic needle of Canada’s technology-based future.
Key points of contact
- MaRS Discovery District staff at all levels, particularly other members of Venture Services and Partner Solutions
- Entrepreneurs in residence & growth coaches and staff located across Ontario at the Regional Innovation Centres & HUB’s (Communitech, MaRS and Invest Ottawa)
- Business Acceleration Program staff, Ontario Scale-up Voucher Program, and Investment Accelerator Fund
- Government agencies and ministries – at all levels: federal, provincial and municipal
- Business community and industry associations
- Market and industry research database vendors
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada
MaRS Discovery District is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on August 4th 2020