Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fin-tech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in fin-tech, alternative lending, on-demand services, and e-commerce. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts tackling challenging problems in a culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
You will drive new capabilities into our core offering: define the specifications, lead sprint planning, manage the roadmap, prioritize allocation of development resources, assist in managing releases across multi-tenant microservices, and participate broadly in areas from architecture to operations to go-to-market. Your passion and attention to detail will help identify and implement internal processes facilitating scale, efficiency and quality. Your innovative solutions to complex problems and market needs will materially impact the continued revenue growth at Marqeta. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and product specifications
- Collaborate with finance, operations and engineering on product development during the discovery phase to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Own the feature set and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with business development, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to define market requirements and customer use cases to drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of any identified issues
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 5+ years experience as a product manager successfully shipping payments products
- Thorough understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with payment networks and ACH.
- Understanding of MVP and strong belief in lean product development methodologies
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a product management team and influence others within the company and outside
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field
Bonus points for:
- Experience with accounting, finance, reconciliation systems or other FinTech products
- Experience with NACHA files and processes
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Quantitative and analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex data
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!