Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. We’re one of the earliest enablers of embedded finance, a market opportunity sized up in the trillions. Our card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real time. Marqeta is powering the most well known brands in the new economy (Block, Cash App, Affirm, Instacart, Doordash, Uber, Walmart, etc). Today nearly 8 out of 10 Americans use a product powered by Marqeta every week. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to work with innovators around the world and unlock equitable financial access for all.
We are looking for a seasoned Sr. Staff Business Systems Engineer to provide hands-on technical expertise to build a best in class Customer Support experience leveraging Salesforce Service Cloud. You will lead all aspects of application development and integration including architecture, design and implementation. You will also help hire additional team members with expertise in Salesforce application development, data integrations and creating holistic agent facing experiences.
What you'll do
- Partner with product teams to contribute to the development of innovative Service Cloud solutions by leveraging your domain expertise in the Support Services domain.
- Architect, design and develop solutions leveraging Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Develop the software systems and test automations to have a robust software development life cycle.
- Be hands-on with coding in Apex, Lightning UI and other Salesforce technologies.
- Provide technical leadership for creating an integration platform between multiple 3rd party and 1st party applications.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, establishing and promoting best practices.
- Bring new ideas, designs and tools to the table, and drive technical discussions and decision-making.
- Create technical roadmaps, author designs and build key portions of the Customer Support systems that enable delivery of high quality, highly secure and operationally efficient systems.
- Raise the skill sets of those around you and make Marqeta better through your presence. Mentor other engineers on the team, drawing on your experience to provide thoughtful direction
What we're looking for
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated strong expertise in Salesforce: architecture, development, DevOps and domain model.
- Strong domain knowledge in how Customer Support agents work and desired end user interactions with agents.
- Experience in developing Salesforce Service Cloud applications serving thousands of users using technologies such as CDC, platform events, web portals, lightning and force.com.
- Experience working with cross teams across geographic boundaries and time zones.
- Demonstrated passion for software engineering excellence including design principles, metrics, scalability, cost, security & privacy considerations and test driven development.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Can effectively lead a project and work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Experience partnering with product teams to ideate and bring innovative solutions to market.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Expertise in creating a metrics oriented approach to software development including driving key operational metrics, full service ownership and continuous improvement.
Nice to haves
- Experience leveraging Salesforce Knowledge Management, chatbots, Einstein and other Salesforce technologies.
- Exposure to a modern Java backend stack using Spring Boot, Kubernetes on AWS.
- Experience with transactional RDBMS such as MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Experience working in Payments in either issuing or acquirer domain.
- Sachin Prakash - VP, Software Engineering
Recruiter For This Role
- Steve Pestorich - Senior Staff Technical Recruiter
- Application submission
- Recruiter video call
- Hiring manager video call
- Virtual “Onsite” consisting of 4-5, 45 min calls
Equal Opportunity, Accommodations, and Privacy
Marqeta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that gives consideration to all qualified applicants, irrespective of any characteristics protected by law. This includes (but is not limited to) race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, color, ancestry, and Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants from all backgrounds, without regard to criminal histories, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion extends beyond the categories above. Review Marqeta’s ESG Report to see that dedication in action. Fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected creates a stronger and more innovative team at Marqeta. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and empower all members of our organization. Join us in building a company where diversity thrives and everyone can be their authentic selves.
If you require reasonable accommodation for the application process and beyond, please submit this form and we will be more than happy to assist you. Marqeta will make reasonable accommodations for candidates when needed in accordance with applicable law. The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.