Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Our Platform is built by developers for developers! Marqeta’s platform enables payment authorization decisioning, cardholder data security, instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital wallets, and real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time (JIT) funding.
As a Frontend engineer you will focus on delivering high-quality user interfaces for internal and external customers on web and mobile. Leveraging modern web technologies, you’ll work with designers to create beautiful and functional interfaces. You’ll sweat the details and care deeply about user experience. You’ll play a critical role in Marqeta’s success!
As a Frontend Engineer we have a number of teams that work on challenges like:
- Building a scalable component library to unify application design and speed development
- Creating advanced data visualizations to help customers better understand the trends affecting their business
- Implementing interfaces to support complex workflows involved in issuing cards and processing transactions
- Optimizing key business processes like managing fraud and supporting cardholders
- Conceptualize new features with engineers, product managers, customer success teams and designers
- Collaborate with backend engineers on architecture and APIs
- Build world-class, well-engineered apps that work across browsers
- Work closely with designers to build gorgeous, functional experiences
- Learn new frameworks and technologies and use them to solve current problems
- 6+ years of experience as an engineer
- Mastery of HTML/CSS, including extensive experience building responsive interfaces
- Experience working with modern web frameworks such as React
- Experience working with RESTful JSON APIs, GraphQL/Apollo experience is a plus
- Able to work independently and drive results
Bonus points for
- Experience with GIT, Mercurial or other distributed source control tools.
- Experience working in a Agile/Scrum process
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.