Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking a talented and unique individual to help us manage and deliver projects for technology, product, and business initiatives, in a fast-paced, high-growth, start-up environment. This role requires a diverse knowledge set, as well as an ability to handle multiple, complex projects, collaborate with all internal teams, and follow through on timelines and deliverables. You will have the opportunity to focus on projects across numerous fronts, including, but not limited to, infrastructure build-outs, product feature releases, and strategic business objectives, while continually learning and growing through this highly visible role.
- Lead project teams and manage all activities in a project life-cycle
- Consult with stakeholders to clarify and define requirements
- Leverage project management methodologies and best practices
- Identify process inefficiencies and strategies to improve
- Address project blockers and delays in an urgent and timely manner
- Provide project leadership and direction to team members and stakeholders
- Interface with platform vendors and third-party organizations
- Escalate and communicate project/program status, issues, and risks
- Utilize project management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and Smartsheets
- 5+ years of technical project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing successful large, cross functional projects
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Strong communication skills and a direct style
- Inherent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize complicated projects
- Ability to garner strong working relationships across multiple teams is a must
- Strong curiosity to all things and a desire to problem solve
- Ability to adapt to a fast growing and changing environment
- Working knowledge of application and network infrastructure
- Administration level skill set in Atlassian Cloud
- Experience with technical project rollout planning and execution
- Previous experience in a technical field, such as software engineering or SDET
- Expertise leading projects using standard SDLC practices
Bonus points for
- Project management certifications (e.g., Six Sigma/Lean, PMP, PPM, CSPO, CSM, SAFe)
- Experience in the financial industry
- Experience using version control applications, such as Github
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, or comparable IaaS offering
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.