Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is a fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
We are looking for a quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Software Development Engineer in Test at Marqeta, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our API and Web platform releases, within one of our exciting product verticals. You’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our members. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career. This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
- Write and execute automation testing for REST APIs and web-based applications as well as maintain existing automated tests and tools.
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test plans, resolving test scenarios and constantly update the existing test sets.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary payment products.
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Be part of transforming monolithic applications into more scalable and resilient distributed systems with high quality, using cloud technology.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
- Follow a lightweight Scrum methodology.
- 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience working with large-scale test automation frameworks.
- Experience with automation and performance testing for RESTful APIs & Web applications.
- Experience with using and setting up performance testing tools such as Gatling, LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins/Drone and Mobile automation.
- Bonus points for experience in the Payments Industry and with Micro-services architecture.
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- Leverage your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor juniors.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- Self-aware with the desire to continually improve.
- 28 days annual leave
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pension contribution
- Meaningful Equity
- Flexible working environment
- Monthly mobile and connectivity stipend
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.