Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a Strategic Partner Operations Director who can deepen Marqeta’s existing partnerships and build and develop new banking partnerships. In this role, you will ensure that Marqeta’s partners embrace our long-term vision and strategy and can support innovative use cases for our customers. In addition, you will work collaboratively with other teams inside the organization to ensure our partners are meeting the demands of our growing business by establishing best practices and process improvements, as well as expanding new products and services. We’re looking for a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere.
Our ideal candidate has a strong banking and payments background that enables them to lead a team to deliver innovative solutions and speed to market for our customers. A demonstrated understanding of Consumer and B2B card programs, prepaid card payments, program management processes and overall digital-enabled commerce is a plus. The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about the business, products, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A strong sense of ownership and drive is a must, as is a people centric management style.
This role is focused on developing and managing our key banking partnerships, cultivating partnership growth, aligning partner priorities, evaluating new partnerships, and driving new use cases and new opportunities.
Banking and Payments: Set the stage for banking partnerships globally. Lead and develop key relationships. Create the trusting, mutually beneficial partnerships to drive the customer experience at Marqeta. Drive initiatives and volume growth across partners. Evaluate and make recommendations for new partnerships in support of Marqeta’s strategy.
Operational Leadership: Drive process improvements, creating efficiencies in processes across partners. Establish an operating model that enables you to effectively collaborate with the internal Marqeta team to insure Partner expectations are being met. Act as an advocate for both Marqeta and the Partners to implement mutual best practices.
Strategic with Ability to Execute: Ability to think strategically to drive the relationship as well as understand and facilitate the team in the tactical details to make the day to day operations of the partnership come to life. Lead commercial terms, SLA discussions, new use cases with internal and external partners.
See Around Corners: Use your expertise in payments and your relationships with our partners to ensure Marqeta is staying ahead of the curve in terms of key industry trends, our key partners' evolving needs and how our processes can improve to meet the market.
- Strong people leader
- Lead partnership commercial terms and ongoing partner management.
- Lead QBRs, create presentations, economic models, presentations, and other supporting collateral that drives partnerships
- Be an internal subject matter expert on banking and payment trends. Support internal and external business reviews regarding the status of key initiatives and progress against strategy and key objectives
In addition to proven strategy and partnership experience, we’re seeking the following attributes:
- 10+ years experience in payments strategy, partnerships and operations roles
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem. Experience at a program manager, payment network, issuer processor or issuing bank is preferred.
- Drive strategic thinking around partner development
- Be comfortable in the details, including: product constructs, funds flow, regulations, etc.
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is a people focused leader
- A person of strong character and integrity, who can consistently represent Marqeta’s values, contribute to Marqeta’s culture and inspire direct reports and our entire organization to exceed expectation
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.