Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Developer Experience team is a unique blend of software engineering and product design. A delightful developer experience will allow developers from all walks of life to start building on the Marqeta platform. A great developer experience has a well defined business value while delivering the technology.
The Developer Experience team’s job is to ensure the 280+ API's and products shipped by Marqeta have current and consistent documentation, and a delightful developer experience. We define the Marqeta standards for building great developer products, build the necessary tools, and enable and educate our product teams to maintain a high bar across the company. In this role you will lead the work of a cross-functional team (across user research, data analytics, technical writing, developer advocacy, etc). You will make data driven decisions, influence roadmaps, and evangelize the developer experience across Marqeta. Your days may include prototyping a new developer solution, updating our API standard, performing user research, improving our documentation, connecting with developers across the world, and being a passionate developer advocate.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager with a passion for building world class developer experiences. One with a need to understand and build empathy with Marqeta’s developers as they build, deploy, and operate their applications built on the Marqeta platform. You are driven by building phenomenal products that make other people successful, and have a love for computer programming.
- Conduct customer interviews, user testing and research to understand developer behavior as they build, deploy and operate on the Marqeta platform.
- Develop and own a product roadmap that delivers strategic value and positive outcomes for our customers and Marqeta.
- Partner closely with Product Design and Engineering, leading a SCRUM team through the ideation, design, technical development, and launch new account features.
- Perform market assessments, define persona types for the Marqeta Dashboard platform, discover user needs and pain points, and translate into detailed and actionable user stories and product requirements for Design and Engineering.
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track progress towards success and drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Collaborate with product operations, revenue teams, finance, risk operations, settlements and engineering as inputs to assess cross-partner value, the scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features.
- Build and evangelize a shared vision by creating consensus on priorities leading impactful outcomes and maximizing growth.
- Listening to the community.
- Be the subject matter expert for your functional area and the product.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience.
- You have a track record of shipping (success and failures, alike) -- and have a history of driving customer and business impact.
- You are a learner, scrappy, take full ownership and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- A passion for software and programming, ideally having worked as a developer yourself and supported services in production.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on user and customer needs.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction, and leverage data to prove out concepts and test new features.
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, APIs, programming languages, and databases.
- A belief in the power of platforms.
- You are motivated by making other people successful.
Bonus points for
- Past experience building Fintech products or incredible DX
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Trained Design-Thinker and strategist
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.