Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced Senior Product Manager with a passion for customer needs, a desire to develop and launch industry-leading visionary products, and an innate interest in financial technology. The Digital Banking team is focused on making banking services relatable, instant, and accessible for everyone. This means allowing our customers to have access to modular banking features, and flexible money movement options to power the future of banking. Our modern platform and open API enables custom configurations of digital banking features that deliver the speed and agility that digital-first banks and fintechs need to diversify and scale in this dynamic sector.
In this role, you would own the product strategy and roadmap for our Demand Deposit Accounts (DDA) and the customer experience across our banking products and features. We will count on you to take this product from MVP to MSP, improve upon the competition by prioritizing differentiated, impactful account features and data capabilities. You’ll drive the PDLC and apply design principles to iterate on our v1 solution, and deliver new feature sets that will elevate Marqeta’s BaaS offering. You’ll work collaboratively with Product Engineering to scale our infrastructure to grow with our customers. Additionally, you’ll build and iterate the UX/UI for our customer-facing account management features on Marqeta Dashboard, and design how new payment method and money movement use cases will evolve the bank account management user flows.
- Develop and own a product roadmap that delivers strategic value and positive outcomes for our customers and Marqeta.
- Be the subject matter expert for your functional area and the product.
- Partner closely with Product Design and Engineering, leading a SCRUM team through the ideation, design, technical development, and launch new account features.
- Define persona types for the Marqeta Dashboard platform, discover user needs and pain points, and translate into detailed and actionable user stories and product requirements for Design and Engineering.
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track progress towards success and drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Collaborate with product operations, revenue teams, finance, risk operations, settlements and engineering as inputs to assess cross-partner value, the scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features.
- Build and evangelize a shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading impactful outcomes and maximizing growth.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying digital banking experiences.
- You have a track record of shipping (success and failures, alike) -- and have a history of driving customer and business impact.
- You are a learner, scrappy, take full ownership and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- A proven track record of delivering thoughtful customer experiences via web and mobile platforms.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on user and customer needs.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction, and leverage data to prove out concepts and test new features.
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases.
Bonus points for
- Past experience building Fintech products or incredible DX
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Trained Design-Thinker and strategist
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.