Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The SDR role at Marqeta is a true sales career with a payments innovator. With hard work and dedication, this position can be extremely rewarding as you accelerate growth by mastering the skills needed for prospecting.
You will have at least one year's actual B2B sales experience and preferably some professional training so you know how to develop strong, well qualified pipelines. We ask that you understand the basics of how SaaS and platform technology companies work, and be able to communicate technical and product benefits to both sophisticated and unsophisticated buyers.
Your main focus will be to drive our future growth by generating and closing new opportunities with the world’s most innovative companies who are at the leading edge of technology innovation. We are proud to be solving a problem for someone where there’s significant new value. That's what makes this role fun!
If you have a convincing personality and are hungry to make calls, love working collaboratively and going above and beyond to succeed, we want to meet you.
While you don't have to have direct card issuing experience, a basic understanding of the payments ecosystem would be a bonus.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team with these responsibilities:
- Hit 10 opportunities a month and manage other KPIs
- Reach out to and manage all inbound inquiries in a timely manner.
- Help with administrative work across different verticals.
- Initiate the sales Process: You will be expected to manage real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to collecting MNDAs and growth plans. At any given time, you may have as many as 50 - 100 leads/opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Salesforce: Work with our head of Revenue Operations to manage the day-to-day development of your opportunities and in some cases those of your teammates in Salesforce.
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
Numbers Fanatic: Be obsessed with hitting your numbers and supporting the rest of the Revenue Team in achieving our collective goals for the organization.
- 0-1+ years of experience in quota-driven, successful sales roles
- Understand how to optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Formal sales training from Salesforce.com, LinkedIn or other technology-oriented sales program highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.