Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Partner Operations Management (POM) team is responsible for developing operational partnerships that allow Marqeta to deliver Program Managed Services to our customers. We seek an experienced project manager to work with our payment networks, banks, and multiple cross-functional teams to lead partner onboardings, develop and own processing files for our banking partners, and develop monthly dashboard metrics.
At Marqeta we work with some of the world’s most innovative companies. You will build relationships with our partners and vendors, and will spend time with them explaining our integration needs to ensure our clients can delight their customers. You will also develop deep relationships within Marqeta to ensure we’re doing all we can to get our customers where they need to be quickly and reliably. You’ll resolve customer challenges and you’ll work through escalations. You’ll communicate often and openly. You’ll be comfortable in a technical environment - our products are pretty technical, so you should be too.
We are a global team. You’ll have the chance to work with partners on a global scale, including as we enter new markets.
If you’re highly organized, a great communicator, self-motivated, smart, fun, and you enjoy challenges and love to solve problems, let us know.
If that's you, read on!
This role is about leading complex projects for our partner onboarding and working across multiple cross-functional teams, to ensure our customers’ programs are successfully delivered. Here's some key expectations:
- Partner Focus: You have an incredible passion around making sure to always exceed expectations. You push yourself, and the entire project team, to ensure our partners can serve our customers successfully.
- Problem Solver: You enjoy problem solving, and always thinking outside of the box to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Know the Tech and Non-Tech: You have a background in API applications and are comfortable working in a technical environment, where you are the bridge between technical teams and technical/non-technical teams.You will come up to speed on Marqeta's capabilities, non-technical processes, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers, and are able to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about many topics.
- Project Management Master: You will use your advanced project management skills to meet the unique challenges of enterprise projects including complex requirements, multiple work streams, risks to timelines and executive reporting to ensure we deliver what we promise, when we promise it.
- Transparency and Communication: You are focused on both tactical and executive communication of milestones, work streams and risks to the timeline, so all teams and levels are tightly connected and know what’s already happened and what’s happening next. You will be generous with your time and energy, to your customers and your team.
- Scaling mindset: You’ll understand Marqeta’s near-term and long-term growth strategy and plans, and partner to develop standards, processes, and offerings that allow Marqeta to not only address current partner needs but anticipate future needs.
In addition to proven ability to manage cross functional projects, we’re on the hunt for the following attributes:
- 6+ years experience in large-scale, enterprise project delivery/management roles
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong interest in, or understanding of, the payments ecosystem
- Great organizational skills. Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple, complex projects on time
- Experience creating dashboards and reporting functions, delivering data in clear and digestible formats based on audience
- Highly self-motivated and feels at home working aggressive schedules
- Able to build strong working relationships across multiple teams
- At ease with technology, product, legal, and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- A person of strong character and integrity, who contributes to Marqeta’s unique culture
- Background in API applications and technical environments is a bonus
- Understanding of SQL and Data Warehouses a plus
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.