Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Marqeta platform is built by developers for developers! We enable payment authorization decisioning, cardholder data security, instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital wallets, and real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time (JIT) funding.
Within Marqeta, the Security Engineering team is responsible for empowering our product engineering teams to own security and privacy by documenting and evangelizing secure, private application development best practices as well as the design, development, and implementation of internal and 3rd party tools.
You’ll be part of the Product Security group and will work closely with other Security Engineers to integrate and implement Security and Privacy tooling and controls.
- Build scalable platform services and libraries
- Champion security across engineering
- Respond to, investigate, and triage outages and security + privacy incidents
- Influences privacy engineering strategy and system design
- Works cross-functionally with other team managers and product leads
- Establish and promote best privacy practices across cross-functional teams.
- Bring new ideas, designs, and tools to the table, drive technical discussions and decision making related to the development and technology stack.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with at least 5 years privacy engineering experience
- Exceptional engineering skills and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Have experience with agile software development
- Experience in the Payment industry is a plus
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.