Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are looking for a star performer with strong background in finance/accounting. This person will play a critical role in not only supporting the day-to-day FP&A activities such as month-end close, opex planning, variance analysis, but also helping our business scale by conducting strategic planning, business analysis, and process enhancements.
Being a leading innovator in the payments card processing business, Marqeta is experiencing exponential growth. The Finance team strives to be the “back-seat driver” to support and guide the management team through such high pace growth. We are building efficient and responsive processes, implementing new systems, and expanding the partnership with both internal and external customers. As part of a small team, you will have a great opportunity to own these activities and develop a rewarding career as the company expands.
The ideal candidate should possess a solid background in accounting/finance functions, have demonstrated success in solving problems and driving results. Experiences with ERP and planning systems is critical to the success of this role. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates who have a keen sense of ownership, being adaptive to fast changing environment, and a high curiosity to learn about the business and products.
- On-going activities
- Work with functional team leads to track and report operating expenses
- Produce month-end package including Opex variance analysis for executives
- Budgeting and forecasting of headcount and discretionary expenses including capital expenditure
- Support other monthly finance and general accounting processes
- Special Projects
- Participating in system implementation related to budgeting and planning
- Provide audit support
- Assist management with internal / external presentations
- Ad hoc support for other general FP&A activities as needed
- 1-3 years of experience in finance/accounting
- Proficient in financial systems and tools such as Intacct, Planful (or other FP&A systems) and other common office software such as MS Excel, Google Sheet, etc
- Self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Analytical rigor and an orientation toward data-driven management and decision making
- Ability to drive projects from start to finish with guidance, working with internal and external teams to make decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.