Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solve challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all the job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced product manager with a passion for addressing customer needs, a desire to develop and launch industry-leading innovative products, and an innate interest in financial technology.
You will help drive the success of Marqeta’s revolutionary card issuing platform by building the products that people use to interact and get the most value from it.
You will partner with stakeholders across Marqeta to build business cases, product strategy and long term roadmaps. You will work with other product managers, product designers and engineers across the stack to execute this vision.
The ideal candidate will be able to build a holistic view of the challenges and opportunities across our global operations and product suite, develop and drive technical product and operational solutions.
As a Sr. Product Manager in the Customer Experience Product Group, you will be responsible for helping scale Marqeta’s card operations globally.
You will build integrated and seamless solutions that empowers our customers to take ownership of card program management activities including, but not limited to BIN Mgmt., Card Inventory tracking, Card Art provisioning and IVR setup.
In this strategic role, you will have an opportunity to manage multiple products across various functional areas within the business.
As a key advocate for your product area, you will lead & bring to fruition new initiatives by collaborating extensively with customers, partners, internal Marqeta teams and 3rd party vendors.
Lastly, you will enjoy creating delightful customer experiences, have a passion for APIs & data analytics; and have the drive to make a significant impact on people by delivering technology solutions to Financial challenges
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, project plans, and go to market materials
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on product development during the ideation and discovery phases to assess value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Anticipate market appetite and properly evaluate how new features best fit into a roadmap
- Create and prioritize detailed product requirements to be used in written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases
- Ensure successful product rollouts by working cross-functionally with business development, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering
- Work with engineering counterparts to architect and develop key system infrastructure including APIs, data models, and integrations
- Ensure that roadmap and prioritization processes are well communicated and understood across the organization
- Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining priority of any identified issues
- Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope tradeoff decisions
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure and track progress towards success and drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Deliver a seamless solution that works across internal and 3rd-party providers to enable a simple and delightful customer experience.
- Interact with partners, customers, prospects, and internal teams to define clear goals, objectives, market requirements, and customer use cases to drive ideation and solutions in partnership with software engineers, designers, data scientists, as well as functions such as marketing and partnerships and corp dev.
- Collaborate with revenue teams, finance, operations, and engineering as product inputs to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training, and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan.
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through sprint planning, launch phases, and follow-on releases.
- STEM or business undergraduate. MBA, MS or equivalent a plus.
- 5+ years of product management in consumer or enterprise software. Fintech experience is a plus.
- A strong payments background is a plus.
- Experience building web applications for internal or external users
- Experience in operations improvements. Shipping products that automate or create efficiencies for users.
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with willingness to dive deep and interpret complex data
- Exceptional at communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of all aspects of agile product development and delivery
- Experience with agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- A proven track record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing and often conflicting priorities
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others
- Passion for great user experience, including the experience of internal and partner stakeholders
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
Bonus points for
- Experience in delivering workflow management systems, automation capabilities & process improvement within the Payments space; to help scale global operations.
- Experience building Self-service products.
- Prior experience in a Product Operations role.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.