Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are looking for a Senior Product and Strategy Technologist to be responsible for planning and organizing product strategy, agile programs, initiatives, communications and rhythm across Marqeta’s product and technology organization. You would be tasked with developing programs to support the strategic direction of the organization; as well as provide visibility to our overall software development lifecycle. You would work with senior product, engineering and design leadership in the development of the overall product strategy. This is an IC role; reporting to the CPO/CTO with an opportunity to grow with the team as our business and customer base expands.
- Working with product management and engineering across planning cycles to develop long-term, company-wide product roadmaps; ensuring timely development of product specifications for product, design and engineering teams to work against.
- Developing programs to track and report progress against the execution of overall roadmap and major initiatives (ex. overall and individual product team velocity, quality and delivery metrics against Ops plan, internal and external customer sat, etc). Also includes mapping outcomes to the operating plan and corporate strategy objectives.
- Creating a robust KPI framework for infrastructure, product and service levels, consolidating data into simplified dashboards. Working with Ops team to reconcile progress to core product goals within the Corporate Operating Plan.
- Develop and help support a consistent rhythm of communication between the teams and the broader organizations, including monthly and quarterly recaps and highlights, internal and executive product reviews, QBR and reviews.
- Working with Product Management on business cases, assisting with licensing and negotiations, build v. buy evaluation, corpdev work to investigate or diligence commercial or other opportunities.
- Interacting with all parts of the larger organization on behalf of the product and technology organization (finance, HR, marketing, Ops, Legal, Compliance), ensuring clear understanding of process, needs and obligations relative to roadmaps and resourcing.
- 6+ years of product planning or business strategy, as well as experience with the product management process, engineering process and execution.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, an eye for business, and proven product instincts. Strong balance of product strategy and execution.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to stay on top of multiple work streams at once while hitting tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven track-record of owning and delivering cross-functional projects end-to-end, building relationships and influencing partners.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.