Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fin-tech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in fin-tech, alternative lending, on-demand services, and e-commerce. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts tackling challenging problems in a culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
Marqeta is looking for an experienced leader to join our PMO Team. They will work with multiple cross functional teams to ensure product go-to-market is successfully planned, executed, and delivered on time.
This position requires exceptional skill in all knowledge domains of project management. We are the cohesive “glue” between departments including Technology, Product, Revenue, Risk, Legal, Operations and more. In order to be successful, relationships must be built and nurtured across the company, all while driving accountability to deliverables, resolving interpersonal and schedule conflicts, and managing competing priorities. One must watch for potential risks like a hawk and have mitigation plans in place to handle undesired events.
The Senior Project Manager must be comfortable communicating with and presenting to senior management for high-profile projects and issue escalation. As the company grows, this person will be expected to grow with us and assist in scaling the project management capabilities to meet whatever needs we face. Initiative and adaptability are both essential.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, self-driven individual who has a proven record of managing multiple complex projects, all delivering successfully and on-time. They enjoy challenges and love to solve problems - the more difficult the better. They are an exceptional communicator, who always has a positive attitude and can immediately grasp both technical and non-technical issues.
To ensure our most important projects are successfully delivered on time, here are key expectations of this role:
- Project Management Discipline: Adhere to and help grow Marqeta's project management discipline, working with all teams within the company, to ensure we have practices and processes to deliver multiple projects successfully on time.
- Product Go-To-Market: Understand, improve upon, and champion the product go-to-market process within the organization.
- Know the Tech and Non-Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, non-technical processes, as well as the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers. Be able to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about any topic.
- Stay ahead of Problems: Use your experience and resources to anticipate when and where problems might arise. Stay ahead of them with a plan to prevent or mitigate negative impacts on projects.
- Transparency and Communication: Be focused on communication of projects whether it's progress or roadblocks, so all teams are tightly connected with project deliverables.
- Handle a high number of complex projects, and be accountable for specific deliverables on tight timelines.
- Work closely with our product teams to develop large scale platform and program management related projects.
- Identify PMO processes and tools that need improvement, help drive efficiencies in our operations and execution.
- Interact closely with all internal teams on a day-to-day basis to help break down silos and build more cross functional efficiencies.
- Prepare and give project updates to the implementation team and key stakeholders regarding progress on critical initiatives.
- Partake in training and be a mentor to more junior project management staff.
- Take initiative above and beyond day-to-day project work to cultivate meaningful team relationships.
We’re on the hunt for the following attributes:
- 3+ years experience in Project Management roles
- 7+ years professional experience in a business environment
- Demonstrated work history collaborating across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, as well as leading projects and owning project decisions
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously and on time
- Highly self-motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Ability to build strong working relationships across a variety of personalities, titles, and roles
- Familiarity and ease with technology, product, legal, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation, written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- A person of strong character and integrity, who contributes to Marqeta’s culture and inspires teammates and the broader organization to exceed expectations
Bonus points for
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem, with a particular focus on the card issuing side
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!