Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open infrastructure API to help you issue cards. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
We are seeking a motivated engineering leader that is passionate about shipping impactful data & analytics products. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a diverse team environment, knows how to develop and drive a vision for data products, wants to build a great team of engineers to deliver on the vision, and create measurable impact for our customers.
- Create and drive the vision, architecture and development of data and analytics products
- Hire, develop and retain a team of talented engineers to deliver data products to our customers
- Develop and care for an efficient software engineering process and culture to enable scale, instill trust and create velocity in our products
- Deliver world-class data infrastructure to support all data and analytics products: data ingest pipelines, highly available async queue, data lake, streaming ETL, data stores and data warehouse
- Work cross functionally with product, design, analysts, and data scientists to create innovative services based on complex models and machine learning
- Connect the team’s work to measurable outcomes that make an impact for our customers and our business
- Operate in time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines; appropriately prioritize the short and long term paths based on an Agile development process.
- 2+ years leadership experience, managing engineers, and working with product, design and engineer counterparts to align the product roadmap to the companies vision
- 7+ years experience developing software to power products for customers
- Ability to manage full project lifecycle (preferably using Agile methodology) and experience in continuous integration deployment (git, github, and the pull request workflow)
- Positive outlook towards work, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in fintech or payments
- Experience in Big Data frameworks (such as Hadoop, Apache Spark is a plus)
- Experience with modern messaging platforms (Kafka, Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub)
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!