Logos is a movement supporting the development of the decentralised web. Logos technologies lay the foundations for a freer internet upon which communities can evolve into network states. Each protocol in the Logos stack seeks to empower its users while upholding civil liberties and fundamental freedoms.
Our organisation has expanded significantly over the past few years, and we are looking to add a highly technical Chief Operating Officer to our leadership team. This is a high level role to support the Co-Founders drive execution amongst the organsation and ensure that our Co-Founders can focus on the high-level strategy, communications and vision.
As Technical Chief Operating Officer you will be the right hand person to the Co-founders in supporting operational strategy and execution across each of our projects (Status, Logos, Nomos, Codex, Waku, Nimbus, Keycard). This is not a traditional Chief Operating Officer role. You’re a competent, experienced senior leader with exceptional EQ ; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and have a reputation for being a “fixer”. The ideal candidate comes with the ability to tackle all day to day operational tasks including the complexities of cross functional relationships and conflict resolution.
- Managerial responsibility and oversight - serving as the single point of contact to the CEO/Co-founder
- Handling day to day operations
- Mediator of any conflict between teams, facilitating productive communication & resolution
- Handle any administrative issues/tasks (internal system approvals, budgets, etc)
- Aligned to our principles (https://status.im/our_team/our_principles.html) and ideology (https://logos.co/manifesto)
- Highly technical / background in Software Engineering
- Embedded in Web3 / Blockchain ecosystem
- Highly competent in running an organization
- Demonstrated, high emotional EQ & diplomacy
- Deep experience in leadership (preferably of remote, technical teams)
- Experienced leader of leaders - able to help upskill Program leads
- Able to build trust / rapport quickly
- Able to focus on big picture strategy, but also to zoom into intricate detail
- Founder / Start-up experience
- Experience working for an open source organization
- Experience working for a politically aligned organization
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process. We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our Talent team
- A series of interviews with senior members of our organisation.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Get to know us:
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation's priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 200+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That's why everything we do is completely public to the entire community.