Logos is a movement supporting the development of the decentralised web. Logos technologies lay the foundations for a freer internet upon which communities can evolve into network states. Each protocol in the Logos stack seeks to empower its users while upholding civil liberties and fundamental freedoms.
Who we are
P2P networks are at the heart of decentralized technologies and libp2p has quickly gained popularity as the goto p2p stack.
Our implementation is written in Nim - an efficient, expressive and elegant programming language. Besides developing nim-libp2p, we conduct applied P2P research and take part in the libp2p specification process.
- We are seeking a skilled P2P Networking Protocol Engineer to work on the implementation and refinement of P2P networking protocols.
- Your primary focus will be on advancing the nim-libp2p implementation by further architecting and developing its capabilities,
adhering to existing specifications, and also improving and enhancing existing protocols.
- Your responsibilities include collaborating across teams to address networking-specific needs, ensuring interoperability, scalability, and security in distributed systems.
- You will play a critical role in researching and developing innovative solutions, pushing the boundaries of P2P networking technology to meet evolving demands effectively.
- Implementing P2P networking protocols
- Further architecture and development of the nim-libp2p implementation
- Implement libp2p protocols according to existing specifications
- Research and development of new p2p protocols and primitives
- Working across teams to help with networking specific needs
You ideally will have
- A passion for decentralization, p2p and privacy-preserving technology
- Strong engineering background
- Experience with encryption and key exchange mechanisms
- Experience with low level/strongly typed languages (C++/Go/Rust/Nim or Java/C#
- Experience building networking-heavy applications and p2p networking specifically
- Experience implementing with core networking protocols such as Websockets and/or Quic
- Familiar with p2p building blocks such as gossiping, routing and discovery (DHTs), and Nat traversal
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for an open source organization
- Previous experience with libp2p - preferably as a direct contributor to the codebase or specifications
- Or, experience with other off-the-shelf networking stacks such as devp2p
- Experience with the Nim language
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
- Interview with our Talent Team
- Interview with team member from the Vac P2P team
- Pair programming interview with team member from the Vac P2P team
- Interview with Vac team lead
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.