LearnUpon is looking for a Revenue Accountant to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Belgrade, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City and Sydney, we are a global team with lots of diverse cultures, backgrounds, and experiences that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do while always striving for the best solution (not the easy one). Our culture fosters an open, collaborative and supportive environment where our accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. We're proud of our success and we're humble and hungry to achieve more.
Our Finance team is vital to our Company and is responsible for keeping the financial operations of the company running smoothly. This is a great opportunity for a self motivated individual to join a rapidly growing software company and make significant contributions.
What will I be doing?
- Month end reporting of revenue and revenue related accounts ensuring revenue and AR is accurate and complete
- P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Variance analysis on revenue related accounts
- Understand the billing process and create invoices based on the sales orders, generate credit memos and process write-offs and prepare pro-forma invoices when necessary
- Presents and explains data, numbers and quantitative information to finance, cross functional teams and senior leadership
- Ability to handle multiple enterprise systems to complete the billing and revenue recognition process
- Support billing team to ensure all sales orders and renewal quotations are prepared/processed in an efficient and complete and accurate manner
- Manage partnership revenue streams and build strong working relationships with the Partnership team
- Work closely with the sales and customer experience team on financial implications when negotiating custom deals with customers
- Review revenue contracts and determine correct revenue accounting treatment
- Work on reporting enhancements by defining reporting requirements and testing solutions with the IT team
- Develop a working knowledge of Company plans and services
- Participate in project related activities and can map out workflows and make recommendations on possible solutions and process improvements
What skills do I need?
- Must be qualified chartered accountant with strong understanding of international accounting standards
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and is an agile thinker
- Advanced working knowledge of excel and manipulating data
- Working knowledge of accounting software and basic revenue recognition
- Process driven with ability to drive improvements within the finance team
- Excellent communication skills with experience of working with a broad number of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accurate reporting of revenue and AR balances and implementation of controls as needed to support this
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Saas Revenue Billing experience is advantageous but not essential
- Salesforce experience is advantageous but not essential
- Netsuite experience is advantageous but not essential
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Private health insurance
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 company wellness day
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CFO
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.