LearnUpon is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
There is a need for a self-learner who adapts well to a fast moving environment and can get things done. You will combine creativity, problem-solving and can-do attitude to overcome any challenge.
This role will sit within the FP&A team in the Finance function and report to the Head of Finance. You will collaborate with numerous functions to ensure LearnUpon reporting is consistent across the Company. This role is critical to supporting the evolution of our FP&A function, transforming our processes from manual activities to end-to-end automation.
You will provide reporting to the CFO, CEO and Senior Management, as required.
What will I be doing?
Successful applicants will have a keen process improvement mindset, operate as a skilled business partner, and have the ability to “craft the story” for a cross functional audience.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Managing the FP&A team.
- Drive the end-to-end budgeting and forecasting cycle.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, planning, and modelling processes and tools.
- Support the implementation of new systems, including commission and FP&A software.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance.
- Collaborate with different departments across LearnUpon to report on the financial impact of decisions.
- Drive change in how data is presented to key stakeholders.
- Partner with our Finance Operations team to improve our month end reporting and our Data team to create accurate and informative dashboards.
- Create financial modelling and analysis to provide insights that link to business strategies and support LearnUpon’s strategic decisions and forecasting.
- Develop key business partnerships including Sales and Talent to manage and report on headcount, commission and Go to Market costs.
- Primary responsibility for reporting including;
- Preparing monthly / quarterly financial analysis and reporting deck for LearnUpon’s Board of Directors.
- Cash Flow reporting.
- Commission statement review and analysis.
- Competitor analysis.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis to support effective decision making.
- Drive end-to-end process improvements to support the growing business.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics or Accounting.
- 4+ years relevant finance experience (working for a SaaS company with under 1,000 employees a plus)
- Qualified Accountant – Chartered, Certified, CIMA or CPA.
- 2+ years’ people management experience.
- Expert knowledge of SaaS KPIs and operating metrics.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills.
- High energy, proactive and independent individual who can serve as a partner and consultant.
- Results oriented, with proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable, proactive, curious and ambitious.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Salesforce and Netsuite experience.
- Experience implementing new FP&A software.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular social events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- We're proud to offer a hybrid working model, combining in-office days with the flexibility of remote work. In this role, you’ll be required to work a minimum of 2 days a week in the Dublin office.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to a 30-minute call with a member of our Talent Acquisition team.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews, including a task round.
- Finally, candidates will have an interview with our CFO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.