Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our cloud and on-premise supercomputers power AI research at the forefront of quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self-driving cars, and much more.
Lambda’s products accelerate AI research at thousands of organizations, including Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and the Department of Defense.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
What You'll Do
- Lead, manage, and grow our cloud engineering team
- Drive the development of cloud primitives like VMs, storage, and software-defined networking
- Improve and establish processes that boost the efficiency and impact of the cloud team
- Ensure the team is working on the right projects in the right order
- Support your team in making pragmatic decisions that focus on impact and time to delivery
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and contributors are unblocked and working effectively
- Come up with new ideas for products & features
- Have over 4 years of experience managing software engineers
- Can work as both a technical individual contributor and a manager
- Have been the lead engineer on projects related to:
- Linux kernel development
- Open stack
- Large-scale storage systems
- Care deeply about prioritization and know how to balance business needs with engineering needs
- Are strategic, operationally excellent, and empathetic
- Focus on the impact of your team and the well-being of your team members
- Excel at hiring, mentoring, and professional development
Nice To Have
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with high performance computing
- Experience as a startup founder or founding engineer
- Machine learning experiment management platform
- Improving GPU virtualization
- Building software-defined networking features (e.g. VPC)
- Managed kubernetes
- Hosted standard datasets
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 100, and are growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan that we actually use
A Final Note
You do not need to match all of the listed expectations to apply for this position. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.