Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our deep learning systems power cutting edge advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more.
Lambda’s growing client list included Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and many more top public and private research institutions.
Join us in building the future of Artificial Intelligence.
About the Role
We have an immediate need for a System Repair and RMA Technician with solid knowledge of PC and system, server operation and troubleshooting. In this role, you will have the opportunity to repair and track status of RMA support requests of customers as well as communicate diligently to Lambda customers on the status of the repair/replacement. The role is extremely important to maintain Lambda’s commitment to excellent customer service and maintain its high approval rating. We are looking for passionate, dedicated technicians who love what they do and can provide excellent testing support.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot and repair Lambda products
- Perform functional test on Workstations and Server hardware
- Using Trial and Error method, diagnose defective components on servers that do not pass the standard testing process
- Track all support tickets and update the tickets real time
- Report any defective parts to RMA/Repair Database
- Ensure all products conform to current MFG Quality Standards
- Follow all applicable work instructions to perform testing and repair processes.
- Onsite customer support service as needed
- Any other manufacturing floor tasks that may be assigned
Experience that’s great to have
- Computer hardware and network troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to respond to support tickets and correspondence with Lambda customers
- Previous experience with datacenter equipment including console, KVM, and power control is preferred
- Must work well in an fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Understanding and adherence to Support / Operations Best Practices is a must
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, resolve problems and manage time as well as a team player
Nice to Have
- 2-3 years’ experience in related field or completed/enrolled in certificate or degree programs such as Computer Electronics and Networking Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS ,ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 30, and growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- 3 weeks Annual Paid Time Off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.