Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our deep learning systems push advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more. Our customers include Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
Our Machine Learning team's mission is to bring world-class ML expertise to our products and services. The team plays a significant role in Lambda’s consultancy arm -- a group of engineers and researchers with deep experience in machine learning, software engineering, and computing infrastructure. We work innovatively on exciting new technologies to keep our products and our customers ahead of the competition.
About the Role
The team is hiring a machine learning researcher to apply and innovate state-of-the-art ML methods in real-world Visual Effects (VFX) applications. In this role, you will be the leading research scientist: work closely with VFX artists to identify prospecting research opportunities, and balance the exploration of new problems with result-driven project planning and execution. You will also collaborate with engineers to productionize research prototypes.
This position calls for an experienced researcher with a passion for technique innovations in ML and VFX. You are expected to have exceptional independent research skills and strong willingness to communicate in a collaborative environment.
What You’ll Do
- Work on projects that have lots of fun and high media exposure.
- Apply and improve state-of-the-art ML techniques for VFX.
- Communicate with users and engineers on a regular basis. Manage research projects that have a short turnaround cycle.
- Think both strategically and tactically about complex initiatives to execute a variety of research ideas.
- Conduct reproducible ML studies. Organize code, experiments and models.
- Present and document the findings in a clear and concise manner.
Experience that’s great to have
- MS, or PhD degree in EECS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Highly effective team collaborator and strong communication skills
- In-depth practical experience of planning, leading and carrying out high-quality research projects.
- Knowledge of machine learning theory and practice is essential.
- Proven track record of leading high quality research publications, or open-source projects that improves state-of-the-art ML models.
- Strong research background in computer vision and image processing. Preferably in the subject area of generative models, image restoration/super-resolution, face animation, semantic image editing etc.
- Extremely proficiency with major ML frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
Nice to Have
- Published research work in major ML, CV, or CG conferences/journals.
- Background in solving open ambiguous problems
- Experience of either leading or participating in the productionize of research code.
- Past experience as an ML consultant
- We offer generous cash & equity compensation.
- Investors include Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- We are experiencing extremely high demand for our systems, with quarter over quarter, year over year profitability.
- Our research papers have been accepted into top machine learning and graphics conferences, including NeurIPS ,ICCV, SIGGRAPH, and TOG.
- We have a wildly talented team of 30, and growing fast.
- Our remote workforce, based on role, is across the U.S., with headquarters in San Francisco.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- Commuter/Work from home stipends.
- 401k Plan.
- 3 weeks Annual Paid Time Off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lambda Labs is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.