Lambda's mission is to accelerate human progress with computation. Our Deep Learning workstations, servers, and cloud services power ML engineers at the forefront of AI research, fueling advancements in quantum computing, cancer detection, autonomous aircraft, drug discovery, self driving cars, and much more.
Lambda provides Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infrastructure to organizations like Apple, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon Research, Tencent, Kaiser Permanente, MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech and the Department of Defense.
About the Role
As a Systems Engineer at Lambda, you will help design multi-million dollar clusters for the Fortune 500, DoD, and major research institutions.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your engineering expertise in enterprise sales situations, enabling Lambda to cultivate future solution sales with existing customers and to secure new ones.
- Listen to our customers’ requirements as provided by their Engineers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning researchers.
- Engineer tailored solutions based on those requirements.
- Work alongside our sales and engineering team to deliver a complete solution for the customer.
- Engage across the org during all phases of the strategic sales lifecycle
Experience that's great to have
- Over 2 years of experience in engineering or sales engineering for enterprise hardware and/or software.
- Design and deployment of HPC clusters for internal or external customers
- Experience with providing consultative customer solutions with technologies such as:
- SFP+ fiber, InfiniBand (IB) / 100 GbE network fabric experience
- Ethernet, switching, power infrastructure, GPU direct, RDMA, NCCL, Horovod environment
- SLURM, Kubernetes, or other job scheduling systems
- Understanding of the hardware, software, and tools used by our customers.
- Experience working with the technologies that underpin our business such as: Deep Learning frameworks, GPU acceleration, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- General knowledge of the AI and Machine Learning marketplace and the major players a strong plus.
- Innate curiosity about our customers and their technical needs
- Keen situational awareness in customer situations, employing diplomacy and tact
- Self-directed, results driven
- Bachelor's degree in EE, CS, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
Quick Company Highlights
- Our research papers have been accepted into the top machine learning and graphics conferences, including ICCV, SIGGRAPH Asia, NeurIPS, and ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG).
- We are profitable and have tripled over the past year.
- We’re backed by investors including Gradient Ventures, Google’s AI-focused venture fund.
- Headquartered in the Dogpatch and a short walk from the 22nd Street Caltrain station in SF.
- Generous cash & equity compensation
- Health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your dependents
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunch