The data platform team owns the data lifecycle in Kronos Research. The work of this team is a joint of data, backend, and SRE. For data engineering, they build pipelines to support 10TB of daily data volume, automate process flow to ensure data integrity, and enable data accessibility to the firm. For backend engineering, they build cloud services serving data to trading machines in real-time. For site reliability engineering, they automate company-wide deployments to ensure service robustness.
In this role, you will lead the team and make technical decisions toward business goals. Optionally, you will also mentor and guide a group of 5 engineers to ensure their growth if you are interested in or good at people management. Even though this team's focus is data, we're looking for a leader to tackle technical challenges with a generic backend mind.
Your team will work closely with traders, researchers, and infrastructure engineers. The role is ideal for a leader with strong analytical skills who is interested in working on building new high-performance systems and developing their knowledge of system architecture, as well as finance and trading. Crypto experience is not required, but interest in financial and crypto markets would be advantageous.
- Manage a team that addresses challenges in data, backend, and SRE.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of Kronos Research regarding data pipeline choice and trade-offs, and bring leads across the company along on our journey.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Help people navigate their careers, coach them towards reaching their goals, and create a professional and productive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Hands-on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining distributed applications or data processing systems
- Deep understanding of system design and trade-offs among solutions
- Hands-on experience in site reliability engineering
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Fluent English oral skills
NT$ 2,000,000 ~ 6,000,000+ / year (Including bonus)