Chemical companies are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M and J&J. And yet, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago.
Knowde is building the first digital marketplace for the $5 trillion chemical industry. Chemical companies use Knowde to market and sell their products online for the first time ever. For buyers, Knowde has become their go-to destination to shop across the entire world of chemistry all in a single destination.
Buyers use Knowde as their go-to destination to discover and purchase chemicals from any chemical producer all in one place. By helping pull this industry online, we will accelerate the innovation behind every physical product in the world.
We’ve raised over $90M from the world’s leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue, to realize our vision.
Come Join Us!
Knowde is looking to add a talented copywriter to join our marketing team! We are a fast-moving, well-funded Series B startup, so there is a massive opportunity for growth within this role.
As a copywriter at Knowde, you would work under the mentorship of the Senior Copywriter to refine and develop content for digital marketing campaigns to support Knowde’s supplier customers. You’ll collaborate with the Knowde Digital team to identify, concept and write compelling copy to promote the value props of a wide range of products to target audiences across a broad range of industries. You’ll be tasked with describing technology for a complex industry in friendly language that’s simple and digestible to drive traffic to customer storefronts and product pages on Knowde.
We stay organized in Google Drive, Jira, Confluence, Asana, & Slack.
What You'll Be Doing
- Enhancing the Knowde Brand and supplier brands through your writing
- Digesting complex information and presenting it in a clear, simple and friendly way
- Collaborating with the Knowde Digital team to identify campaign needs and produce marketing campaign copy
- Delivering high quality work while maintaining multiple projects at one time
- Maintaining a consistent voice and tone throughout marketing and brand materials
Who You Are
- You love writing. You work hard and fast, and you meet deadlines.
- You have vision. You can see what others can’t. You see around corners. Words bring concepts to life, working hand in hand with the visuals.
- You have good taste. You’re able to identify beautiful, on-brand copy that enhances the brands you’re working with.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. You dot your i’s and cross your t’s before considering something complete.
- You are self-directed. You are able to receive a prompt, ask questions and get the job done.
- A chemical industry, science, or technical copywriting background is ideal (let’s put it this way: if you’re allergic to science, this is NOT the job for you).
What You Should Have
- 4+ years of working as a copywriter in an agency, startup, or B2B space.
- Experience writing B2B copy to R&D, marketing and purchasing audiences is essential.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Our Perks & Benefits
We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs.
401K program to help you invest in your future.
Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development.
Fully remote position
Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend.
Paid parental leave to support you and your family.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.