Chemical companies are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M, and J&J. And yet, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago.
Knowde is building the first complete software platform specifically for the $5 trillion chemical industry. We offer this platform directly to chemical distributors and suppliers to manage their complex product information and to build their own customer-facing sites and we've built a digital marketplace with the same technology. Chemical companies use Knowde's various solutions to market and sell their products online for the first time ever. For buyers, the Knowde Marketplace has become their go-to destination to shop across the entire world of chemistry, all in a single destination.
To realize our vision, we've raised over $110M from the world's leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue. They recognize that digitally transforming the chemical industry will increase the pace of innovation globally.
Come Join Us!
We're looking for an immensely talented Lead or Senior Product Designer who loves designing highly transactional systems that drive business forward. Every product you see, taste, touch or smell is made possible through chemistry and our mission is to accelerate communication and collaboration between the visionaries creating tomorrow's products and the brilliant chemists making it all possible. This is your chance to fundamentally influence how new product innovation occurs globally.
Our Lead/Senior Product Designer will apply their natural information, interaction and visual design talents to solve complex interaction design challenges. We need someone experienced in working with complex data, workflows and interactions. This talented team member will spend their days sketching, designing, prototyping and detailing gorgeous user experiences that surprise and delight our customers. This is your chance to design that experience you’ve always dreamed about. You can take your great ideas, the ones you have tucked away in the back of your mind, the ones you’ve never been able to get approval to build and bring them to life at Knowde.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design. You'll help to invent, design and define new product features at Knowde in Figma.
- Work with Product team and tech teams daily to stay in synch, answer questions, brainstorm and provide direction.
- Depending on where we are at in the design cycle, you'll work on wireframes, mock-ups, design comps, all the responsive looks, notes and documentation so engineering knows how to build what you've created.
- Co-design with business team, then flesh out and detail the designs solo and present the same or next day. Lots of iterations.
- Perform content analysis, task analysis, task modeling, and define usage scenarios that will help drive design requirements.
- Create and document information design concepts and solutions by various means, including sketches, diagrams, maps, storyboards, and rapid prototypes.
Who You Are
- You're a Figma ninja!
- You’ve designed complex UI/UX interactions with an eye towards a high-end consumer-like experience for B2B applications.
- You are a “full stack” Product Designer, a UX/UI hybrid – you’re a hands-on, gifted designer of information and interaction who has a great eye for visual desig
- You can own the design end-to-end. You start with a sketch or the whiff of an idea and you can breathe life into it all the way through to detailing every interaction and edge case.
- You love Interaction design and have been designing online apps and sites for years.
- You love design systems and design patterns.
- You pay attention to detail but don’t sweat it when things change.
- 5+ years designing products end-to-end.
- Leadership and drive. We need someone to step in, grab a project, tell us “I got this!” and deliver the designs working with an analyst, PM and other members of the team.
- UX/Interaction Design (wireframes, personas, flows, story maps).
- UI/Visual Design (color, line, type, shape, image, composition).
- Strong knowledge of user experience/user-centered design processes and methodology.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in graphic design, information design, user interface design, fine art, industrial design, product design or another visual communications discipline.
Our Perks & Benefits
- Equity in Knowde so you can share in our success
- We offer “Knerds” excellent medical, dental, and vision plans designed to fit you and your family’s needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.