Khan Academy is looking for an analytics guru to join our newly formed Product Analytics team. We’re a small team with big dreams, and we’re only just getting started. We have some of the richest educational data in the world, and we want to leverage that data to develop a clearer picture of who our users are, how they are using the site, and how we could better serve them on their educational journey. We’re looking for a team player who is as excited about empowering others as they are about doing their own high-impact analyses. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to continue to grow their technical data skills as well as the strategic thinking and communication skills required to drive meaningful impact through data.
We currently have one open position that could be filled by either a Product Analyst or a Senior Product Analyst. If you have 4+ years of experience in analytics, please apply for that role located here Product Analyst.
Be an independent research powerhouse:
- Conduct exploratory analysis and modeling to identify opportunities for improvement - this could range from simple retention calculations to sophisticated predictive modeling
- Work with the product, engineering and design teams to ensure your results have a meaningful impact on product and strategy
Empower other teams with data:
- You will work with the leadership, product, content and marketing teams (and others) to bring data to their fingertips
- Give each team access to all the tools and data they need, so that every decision they make is backed up with solid data and analysis
Continually improve our data infrastructure:
- Introduce new instrumentation and logging to uncover otherwise invisible user behavior
- Improve our data models and processes
- Develop creative derived features that create new analysis and modeling possibilities
Help instill a ‘data driven’/’data informed’ culture:
- Be the voice of data within the organization
- Find creative and insightful ways to publish and promote how we’re performing on key metrics
Play an integral role in new initiatives and projects across the organization:
- Ensure there is strong analytics input into the evaluation and prioritization of new opportunities
- Help set the goals and define the evaluation methodology for each initiative
- Provide objective evaluations post implementation
- A passion for Khan Academy’s vision and a desire to change the world
- 6+ years experience in data science or analytics (or related role), ideally in a consumer facing internet business, or an education setting
- To be capable of writing efficient code in at least one programming language
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience across the entire analytics chain: instrumentation, logging, data modeling, ETL, BI tools and dashboards, various analysis and modeling techniques, etc.
- Strong statistical foundations
- A knack for asking the right questions, then answering them with sound data and analysis
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please include a description or example of an impactful analysis you have done. Outline the approach you took to the analysis, and specify any challenges you had to overcome, whether they be to do with the data, the model/analysis or translating the insight into impact for the organization.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.