Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with our people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture centered around our values of Champion Connectivity, Elevate Our Customers, Create Extraordinary Outcomes and by Bringing Your Authentic Self.
Karbon is looking for a talented Product Designer to join our Product Design team to help invent the future of the Karbon product. We are about to tackle some really big things and need talented end-to-end Product Designers with the full suite of UX, UI, and visual design skills to make it happen.
In this role you will work closely with the Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams to research and understand user needs and explore and design solutions to push the Karbon product to be the global leader in practice management.
You'll drive projects big and small, assess problems, take ownership, find solutions, and see things through to delivery with autonomy. You'll communicate clearly with your colleagues and lend a helping hand when needed.
You will be joining a design team with a wealth of experience to learn from and opportunities to progress your career.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Applying your design expertise and experience to all aspects of the product design process
- Designing solutions that solve customer and business needs while maintaining a high-quality, premium customer experience across the product
- Developing user stories, prototypes, design mockups, and detailed specs to communicate the design solution to the team
- Providing constructive, detailed feedback for others
- Being a thoughtful and passionate voice for design
- Being the guardian of the brand experience in product
- Discussing design concepts robustly to find the best possible solutions
- Constantly finding new ways to improve the efficiency of your design process while maintaining high design standards
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Professional experience designing high-quality digital products
- Desire to develop as a designer and a willingness to learn
- Top-tier UX, layout, and visual design skills
- Maturity to discuss ideas critically
- A fascination with experimentation, testing, and analytics
- Confident writer of short-form content — words are design too
Why work at Karbon?
- Unlimited Vacation policy (5 weeks annual leave for our UK, Aussies, Canucks and our Kiwi mates*)
- Paid Medical, dental and vision coverage (US and CA)
- Company subsidised Private Healthcare Cover with GU Health (AU)
- 401k matching (US)
- Competitive salary that is benchmarked each year and adjusted as needed to keep up with market rates
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position