Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is looking for a passionate, self-starter to join our team in Sydney. This role will have a strong database focus, with a high level of engagement with Product, Development, and Support teams.
As a Database Administrator, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Development and administration of SQL Server databases and other data assets in Azure cloud
- Database monitoring, performance tuning, and automation of recurring admin tasks
- Handling upgrades and maintenance of non-production and production database instances
- Assisting and advising the development team during sprint and release management
- Handling backup strategy, high availability, and disaster recovery preparedness
- Ad-hoc data extracts at the request of customers or internal stakeholders
- Creating documentation, engaging with Support teams, and troubleshooting live issues
- Executive data and DevOps projects alongside "business as usual" tasks
- Willingness to work in an on-call roster for handling Priority 1 issues
Candidates with following characteristics and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Database development and administration experience, with excellent communication skills
- Strong foundation in Microsoft SQL Server
- Previous experience working with product, development, and Level 3 Support teams
- Familiarity with Microsoft tech stack (cloud experience is nice to have)
- High attention to detail and ability to adapt to change
- Strong customer-focus and dedication to organizational goals
- Analytical thinker with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Keen interest in learning and adopting new technology
- Good team player who brings passion to the table
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we're not going to monitor how or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position