Test Engineer, London or Switzerland
We are initially looking for experienced test engineers - Senior, Principal, Staff or equivalent levels.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a new Alphabet company that will reimagine drug discovery through a computational- and AI-first approach.
We are assembling a world-class, multi-disciplinary team who want to drive forward groundbreaking innovations. As one of the first members of this pioneering organisation, you will play a meaningful role in building this team, embodying an inspiring, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
This early-stage venture is on a mission to accelerate the speed, increase the efficacy and lower the cost of drug discovery. You’ll be working at the cutting edge of the new era of ‘digital biology’ and advancing a new type of biotech that will deliver transformative social impact for the benefit of millions of people.
We’re looking for you to develop frameworks / mechanisms to enable the wider team to run their own tests.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work on a greenfield ML-based software platform that will transform the biopharmaceutical world as we know it.
Working in a highly creative, iterative environment, you will be partnering with leading engineers, scientists and ML researchers to build the critical platform driving that transformation. This is a newly created role and you will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
What you will do
- Develop flexible testing frameworks for the technology organisation to use, encompassing several key areas - data stores and data management pipelines, machine learning models in research and production stages of development, our drug design computational platform, and variety of internal tools.
- Work with product, UX and engineering teams on test design and implementation, advocate for testability and product quality with an emphasis on quality assurance
- Assist with the creation of specific tests and test suites as required
- Communicate testing and product quality status to various levels of the organisation. Drive communications and consistently deliver accurate product quality snapshots with automated and manual test metrics for stakeholders.
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory testing to find defects before the product is in the hands of users. Follow up on defects and regressions to improve product quality and provide input on factors that influence product excellence.
Skills and qualifications
- Experience with modern Test Engineering tools and processes (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Cypress, Cucumber, etc) using any programming language (e.g. TypeScript, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of software system architecture and experience in independently creating strong automation focused test strategies integrated into the engineering, release and product development life cycles
- Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch, writing and running test scripts in continuous integration manner (CI/CD), and summarising results in the context of the system as a whole
- Experience developing comprehensive test plans, thorough test protocols, and delivering test reports based on the continuous automated and manual testing signal of the large multi-component software systems
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication
Nice to have
- A background in software engineering before moving into a test engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of biology / chemistry
- Pharma and/or biotech industry experience, ideally with a focus on drug discovery
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Passionate about automated testing, driving high-quality product development
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments and successfully working on multiple products simultaneously as test lead or the only test engineer on a complete software system
- Experience with Accessibility, API, Database and Performance testing
- Experience working as a software test engineer on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
Behaviours and attributes
- Grounded and original thinker: you combine the best from industry with new ideas and creative approaches, taking well-informed risks to advance progress
- Motivated by purpose and impact: Self-directed, chooses the most effective path to maximise impact in pursuit of higher level purpose, operates at pace with a clear bias for action
- Experimental: Comfortable with ambiguity, embraces new ideas, responds quickly and adapts to maximise opportunities
- Collaborative and inclusive: you are willing to go the extra mile and work beyond role remit, building strong partnerships with a variety of collaborators
- Curious mindset: Strong interest in self-development, learns from setbacks as well as successes
Isomorphic Labs welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
It would be helpful if you could answer the following questions. Your application won't be effected by the answers you provide, the information is helping us to understand the profile of individuals interested in joining IsoLabs.