Software Engineer, London or Switzerland
We are initially looking for experienced software engineers - Senior, Principal, Staff or equivalent levels.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a new Alphabet company that will reimagine drug discovery through a computational- and AI-first approach.
We are assembling a world-class, multi-disciplinary team who want to drive forward groundbreaking innovations. As one of the first members of this pioneering organisation, you will play a meaningful role in building this team, embodying an inspiring, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
This early-stage venture is on a mission to accelerate the speed, increase the efficacy and lower the cost of drug discovery. You’ll be working at the cutting edge of the new era of ‘digital biology’ and advancing a new type of biotech that will deliver transformative social impact for the benefit of millions of people.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work on a greenfield ML-based software platform that will transform the biopharmaceutical world as we know it.
Working in a highly creative, iterative environment, you will be partnering with leading engineers, scientists and ML researchers to build the critical platform driving that transformation. This is a newly created role and you will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
What you will do
- Design and create a world-leading ML drug discovery platform by developing secure, cloud-based software services and libraries
- Partner with research, and engineering teams to integrate large-scale ML models into the platform in an intuitive and user-centric manner.
- Create novel instrumental drug discovery tools, workflows and user interfaces in partnership with domain experts, taking end-to-end ownership from rapid prototyping to production-quality code
- Iterate collaboratively with scientists, product managers and domain experts to gather feature requirements and user feedback
- Collaborate with operations teams to support the platform’s operation in production
Skills and qualifications
- Strong software engineering experience with software design / architecture skills across the full technical stack from UI to DB
- Extensive enterprise programming experience writing production code using any mainstream programming languages, e.g. Python, Java, C++, Go
- Familiarity with Agile SDLC methods
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and methods
- Understanding and experience developing products according to UX principles.
- Demonstrate ongoing career progression / trajectory and a passion for learning
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Basic understanding of maths and statistics
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of biology / chemistry
- Experience working with biomedical data
- Experience developing scientific software
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, ideally with a focus on drug discovery
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining production systems on GCP
Behaviours and attributes
- Grounded and original thinker: you combine the best from industry with new ideas and creative approaches, taking well-informed risks to advance progress
- Motivated by purpose and impact: Self-directed, chooses the most effective path to maximise impact in pursuit of higher level purpose, operates at pace with a clear bias for action
- Experimental: Comfortable with ambiguity, embraces new ideas, responds quickly and adapts to maximise opportunities
- Collaborative and inclusive: you are willing to go the extra mile and work beyond role remit, building strong partnerships with a variety of collaborators
- Curious mindset: Strong interest in self-development, learns from setbacks as well as successes
Isomorphic Labs welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
It would be helpful if you could answer the following questions. Your application won't be effected by the answers you provide, the information is helping us to understand the profile of individuals interested in joining IsoLabs.