The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has over 400 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin and London R&D offices, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is growing rapidly. Our revenue increased 4-fold in 2015 and our Dublin R&D team has more than tripled in size in the past year. Our Foundations engineering organisation provides the platform to build, deploy and serve all parts of Intercom. We are responsible for Intercom’s uptime and day to day operations. Intercom’s product engineers use the tools and environments built by our teams to ship features to production hundreds of times each week. We work with vendors to provide a world class platform to develop and operate our suite of applications.
As we continue to grow and scale we‘re looking for experienced Technical Program Managers to help us execute on our ambitious growth plans and help us be more efficient and effective by defining and driving technical programs across our engineering organisation.
This is a great opportunity to own and execute programs of work that cut across multiple engineering teams and that have immediate and highly visible impact.
We operate with cloud infrastructure exclusively - we have no data centres, servers or networks. If you’re coming from a traditional project management background, this role is an opportunity to expand the scope of your experience into a truly agile, cutting edge cloud environment. If you are from a technology process management or technology service management background, this could be an opportunity to bring some operational and execution rigor to an engineering organisation scaling at incredible speed.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You will be working as part of our Foundations engineering organisation, and collaborating with teams across the company, such as product development, analytics, finance and company leadership team.
- You will help define, execute and govern strategically important engineering initiatives and be responsible for driving improvements in these areas.
- You will collaborate with engineering managers to help drive engineering team cohesion, and enable teams to successfully execute against their program goals
- You will craft and communicate engaging reports and status updates across the engineering organisation
- You will ensure that program goals, status and outputs are well documented and understood, and you will respond to all questions and requests in relation to the program
- Some examples of the types of work you could do :
- Working with our engineering leads to structure and drive a program that helps us proactively identify and cure scaling bottlenecks across our platform.
- Making sure we learn lessons from recent outages and systematically apply key learning across our entire platform.
- Working with our Finance and Engineering teams, lead a program to monitor and optimise our technology cost, and surface cost insights across the org
- Define and executing a program aimed at maturing our technology vendor management processes, including vendor selection, performance, contract negotiations and usage analysis for the 3rd party vendors we partner with.
What skills do I need? 📖
You need to have a technical background and hands-on experience delivering technical projects of all shapes and sizes from start to finish.
You will also need:
- A hunger for problem solving and a passion for all things technology
- Great communication skills and the ability to get people excited to solve the problems you’re working on.
- An obsession for producing high quality project deliverables including clear and engaging reports and communications
- To be able to occasionally dive deep technically and collaborate with engineers, analysts and product managers at all levels across the company.
- Experience managing budgets and third-party software vendors
- An ability to challenge assumptions and strive for improvements
- An eye for continual improvement, and passion for efficiency and operational excellence
- Experience working with cloud computing environments and business-critical infrastructure and services would be great, but is not essential.
- A track record of getting a lot done.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.