The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has raised $116M in venture funding and has 350 employees across San Francisco, Dublin, Chicago, and London.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
This is a great opportunity to be a founding member of our Emerging Business Accounts team. This team is starting to figure out how to drive customer retention, expand revenue, and onboard hundreds of Intercom’s customers with an annual spend in the millions. This is a chance to drive real impact early in your career at a fast-growing “rocketship” company, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting. To accomplish these goals, team members will employ innovative account management and customer success strategies, including targeted outreach to segments of companies, running webinars for ongoing education, and working 1-1 with customers to solve their business problems. The role will require innovative thinkers, intelligent risk-taking, and a high degree of execution - truly a “startup within a startup” team.
In terms of growth, we strongly believe in the continued development of each new hire. In joining the Account Management Team at Intercom, you’ll join a community that believes in development and promotion from within and as a rapidly expanding business, there are a lot of opportunities for progression.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work with existing customers to deliver expert product knowledge, best-practice advice, and help them realize value with the Intercom platform over time
- Communicate at scale with groupings of Intercom customers in a targeted manner to drive healthy usage and expand their impact with Intercom
- Grow customer accounts over time and work to ensure customer renewals at scale
- Gather strategic customer feedback and work cross-functionally with the Intercom product, marketing, and leadership teams to help inform product strategy and roadmap
- Author the playbook for success in-role and develop best practices as a founding member of the team
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer retention and Intercom product usage growth
- Negotiate, maintain, and deliver new business goals and plans for existing customers
What skills do I need? 📖
- Required: 1-3 years B2B sales or support experience
- Required: SaaS experience - a minimum of 1 years in an applicable SaaS tech role
- Track record of achieving and exceeding quota
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively run product demos
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious
- Exceptional time management
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
We are a well-treated bunch, with a range of awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!