The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Recruiting is a key driver to Intercom’s success. The team is growing and evolving quickly, and we are going to double R+D in San Francisco next year! As a Technical Recruiter at Intercom, this is your chance to help build out our technical recruiting function and influence the team at an early stage. You’ll manage and drive a full recruitment cycle for positions in Product, Design, Engineering, and Technical Operations all while partnering with hiring managers to improve processes. You will be a trusted partner to candidates as you work tirelessly to create a personal and friendly experience that is representative of the Intercom Brand. You can read more about our approach to recruiting on our blog.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with Engineering leadership to manage the full cycle recruiting process for technical hires by creating robust pipelines through active sourcing of multiple channels, screening resumes, interviewing, and closing candidates
- Demonstrate exceptional sourcing strategies and techniques to attract top talent
- Create and drive effective interview panel meetings and debriefs alongside hiring managers
- Lead the creation of a recruiting strategy and interview plan for each open position
- Obsess about candidate experience and keep candidates informed with quality communications throughout the interview process
- Drive offer process, including offer approvals, extensions, negotiations, and closings
- Keep up to date with new technological trends and products
- Represent Intercom’s mission, vision, and values with integrity and professionalism
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years of full cycle technical recruiting experience ideally in a fast-paced technical product-focused environment
- Ability to effectively multitask and take on a variety of roles with differing complexity across different functions while leading initiatives to continue driving a fantastic candidate/stakeholder experience
- Impeccable organizational, verbal, and written communicational skills paired with a high attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional sourcing and talent research skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to a fast growing team and company
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence others
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Experience with Greenhouse (ATS) a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!