The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 20,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 350 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a career-defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission and product management, who wants to work with a world-class team of engineers, designers, researchers, and content strategists in Dublin.
You’ll be the Product Manager (PM) for the team responsible for the shared systems across Intercom. We have over 100,000 active customers, many of whom use our app on a daily basis as their primary work tool. This team’s job is to make the app beautiful, extensible, consistent, and usable, so that our customers’ experience across our products is distinctively efficient, yet human. Intercom is a tool for businesses, but we want it to feel as polished and thoughtful as the best consumer apps out there.
Our shared systems team owns broad areas such as navigation, information architecture, the onboarding flow, and the app’s overall look and feel, across both web and mobile. In addition, this team builds our pattern library, which helps other product teams move faster and more consistently.
Given the heavy design-leaning of this team, this role may be the ideal route for an experienced designer who’s looking to transition into a PM role.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Understand our business strategy and deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- Manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- Multiple years experience working as a PM collaborating deeply with designers or you're a designer with multiple years experience looking to make a transition to PM.
- Have a strong design background, be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- An understanding of, and preferably a deep involvement in, concepts like system design, information architecture, atomic design, and pattern libraries.
- Have experience building products that people can access on multiple devices, desktop, tablet, phone.
- Have experience in running product and design workshops.
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and know the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You are organised not ad hoc. You work proactively. You have a process and schedule for everything.
- You’re entrepreneurial, you don’t need direction, you're self driven.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.