The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it. 🛠️
The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media, and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for big thinkers with small egos to join our mission to change how web and mobile businesses communicate with their customers. We’re looking for a Product Researcher to join our team in Dublin, Ireland.
Product Researchers at Intercom collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Analysts, and Engineers in the Product Team in Dublin. It’s their job to own and drive research projects from start to finish.
We are looking for a researcher who gets excited about using strategic research to identify what problems our customers have, and design research to ensure our products are designed in a way that’s intuitive and easy to use. Researchers at Intercom are involved at every stage in the product design process from understanding the problems and unmet needs our customers have, through to evaluation of new concepts and prototypes with customers, right through to the evaluation of products post-launch.
Intercom is a refreshing place for researchers to work! Unlike some companies, research plays a key role in our product design process, which is something we’re proud of as a customer driven company. We’re also growing very fast, which creates exciting opportunities to design new products from scratch and experiment with new research techniques.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Passion for building amazing products that people love, not just conducting research
- Experience researching digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products on desktop, tablet, mobile
- Strong understanding of the psychological basis of user research: ideally you have an MSc in Human-Computer Interaction but a degree in a related field or work experience would be considered too
- The ability to communicate your research findings in creative and impactful ways. You understand that your insights alone mean little if they are not communicated successfully
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and when to deliver
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
Research Methods 👀
We use a variety of different research methods at Intercom. You don’t need to be experienced in all these methods but you need to have experience of some:
- Jobs to Be Done framework
- Remote user testing (e.g. phone or video interviews with remote participants)
- Survey research (e.g. question phrasing, survey coding)
- Longitudinal research (e.g. diary studies)
- Usability testing (e.g. lab studies, RITE studies)
- Field research (e.g. visiting customers in their workplace)
- Benchmarking (e.g. evaluating competitors using qualitative and quantitative data)
- Mixed methods research that combines qualitative and quantitative data
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.