Intercom is creatively fixing... 🛠️
Intercom is creatively fixing how internet businesses connect with customers for more human conversation. Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies:
- 400+ employees worldwide
- $1M to $50M Annual Recurring Revenue in 3 years
- 25,000+ customers
- 1,000 new customers monthly
Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for Product Researchers for our Dublin office.
Product Researchers collaborate with the wider Research team, Product Managers, Designers, Analysts and Engineers to conduct user research with intercom customers. It’s the Product Researcher's job to drive and conduct research projects from start to finish.
Intercom uses formative research to identify what problems our customers have and design research to ensure products are intuitive and easy to use. Researchers are involved at every stage of the product development process; from understanding problems, the evaluation of concepts and right through to the monitoring of products post-launch.
Research plays a key part in the product development process by helping the team to understand the opportunities, contexts, audience and experiences. Working at pace is key and we experiment with processes, methodologies and ways of working to provide product teams with critical insights as quickly as possible.
What skills do I need? 📖
We are looking for big thinkers with small egos.
Ideal candidates have the following:
- 2 years + working as a user experience researcher on digital products.
- Experience of the end-to-end research lifecycle; scoping, planning, recruitment, execution, analysis and delivery
- An ability to work with product teams to define the research problem to solve.
- Experience of different research methodologies and when to apply them. For example; field and remote remote user research, contextual inquiry, surveying and longitudinal studies. We also love the Jobs to Be Done framework.
- Enjoys communicating research findings in creative and impactful ways to make sure insights are well understood and actionable.
- Your work has had real impact and shaped the user experience of digital products and websites. You have worked on both desktop and mobile products.
- A good understanding of the psychological basis of user research: ideally you have an MSc in Human-Computer Interaction or related degree or experience.
- Excellent collaboration skills and enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team delivering a solution.
- A passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research.
- Have a strong sense of independence, ownership and initiative.
- Looks for opportunities to learn and develop themselves and others.
- Capable working in a lean and informal way to get stuff done.
- Fascinated by people, their behaviors and motivations.
- Interested in technology and its impact on society and individuals.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.