The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing and customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for a seasoned Creative Writer to join our Brand Design Studio. You’ll be collaborating with a team of designers and developers who are evolving our brand identity into something that radically stands out amongst tech companies. We do not want to be mistaken for just another startup – we need someone who is willing to take risks with us and your role within brand design will play a huge part in achieving this. You'll shape our brand experience by writing sharp, on-brand messaging across multiple channels including our marketing site, social media, events, printed material and anything else we dream up together.
You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, content strategists, and researchers. You’ll also work cross-functionally with the Marketing, Growth, Product, and Research teams, with former employees of Google, Apple, Facebook, and others.
We’re prepared to invest heavily to build both a world-class creative team and a unique, special brand. For the right person, this is a career-defining opportunity to get in early and make your mark.
What will I be doing?
You’ll work closely with our cross functional partners to craft a strong narrative that tells our story across all verticals and to write razor sharp copy for our marketing site. You’ll help define and refine our tone of voice and copy strategy. You’re not afraid to experiment and take some risks in pursuit of copy that sets us apart because you’re the kind of person who wants your work to have an impact you’ll also care deeply about promotion of the Brand Studio team itself and be a curator and champion of the strong internal culture we are building.
What skills do I need?
- Proven first class writing ability. You produce engaging, accurate copy even under time pressure. You zig when they zag
- 3+ years in an editorial or copywriting role
- Ability to balance brand voice with marketing strategy
- A conceptual approach that considers not just copy, but design and visuals
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for working in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Experience managing projects in a variety of mediums, including digital and interactive design
- Fluency in the basic concepts and terminology of modern web development
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Not required but advantageous
- Basic image editing skills with Photoshop or similar package
- In-house or creative agency experience.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done