The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the opportunity?
At Intercom we firmly believe in the power and importance of creating world-class productions and experiences, both big and small. We draw inspiration from theatre, music and live television. As one of the newer functions at Intercom, events are a young but fast growing team. We have big ideas about how events can help Intercom grow even faster. You’ll help to meticulously plan, analyse, promote and execute our events.
This is an opportunity to join a team of producers, designers, writers and consultants who have a lot of fun applying their skills in creating events that are quickly becoming a benchmark in our industry. You will be a core part of the events team in Dublin, holding all the pieces together and working through minute by minute schedules, collaborating and executing on our goals and ensuring the success of our projects.
What will I be doing?
As an Event Coordinator you will:
- Own and develop our in-office and external speaking events. From logistics to execution - it’s all yours. Here’s an example of the types of events that we’ve hosted in the past. Your job will be to take simple events like this, elevate them and make them your own
- Own the community events that we host in our Dublin office, for example Node.js and XX+Data
- Carry out core, detailed administrative and event support from event research and data analysis to speaking with our customers directly
- Own and run Intercom community and social events including our Intercom Speakeasy, film screenings and our customer meetups, worldwide
- Work closely with our product, recruiting, sales, content and brand design teams
In addition to the day to day of supporting events, here’s some examples of projects you might work on:
- The Inside Intercom world tour
- Conferences sponsored by Intercom like Web Summit, SupConf and TNW
What skills do I need?
This role is for you if you’ve previously owned and executed on events (big or small) in a professional setting - preferably for a brand in the tech industry.
You should have a direct passion and interest in events, excellent communication skills, an obsessive attention to detail, an ability to track data, as well as a strong personal drive and an interest in how software is changing the world.
You need to be comfortable working as part of a small team and managing your time efficiently, dealing with the uncertainty and unpredictability of the fast-paced startup world.
We’d also like you to have:
- At least two years of experience in an events, administrative or creative role and/or a bachelor's degree in arts and humanities
- Personal style and creativity, demonstrable through a portfolio of work, personal mood boards, a blog or whatever way you choose
- High proficiency with Excel, Google Docs
- As a bonus: Experience working in some aspect, big or small, in live events - TV, film, fashion, music or theatre
How to apply
Use the form below to include a link or a PDF file of your portfolio/blog/mood board/some other creation with examples of your style and approach to events.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.