The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom helps thousands of businesses connect with hundreds of millions of users every day, and we’re just getting started. As we grow, we need people who can get their heads around the complex environment in which we operate, figure out what we need to do in order to scale up, and do it. We’re looking for someone who exhibits great dynamic range, has self-awareness, and can operate autonomously
As a member of the Business Operations team, you’ll have a mandate to drive key decisions and initiatives. You'll be expected to collaborate with stakeholders across the company (Growth, Engineering, Marketing, Product and Sales) to get things done - and will get your hands dirty in the process. You'll need to construct persuasive cases for and against certain course of actions. You'll have executive-level visibility and a finger on the pulse of the overall business. As you learn and grow, you'll have the option of moving into a specific team to specialize - or you may choose to remain a generalist.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be developing recommendations for high impact and visibility business problems. It will then be up to you to work with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of the organization to operationalize your recommendations and see them through to successful conclusion. All this will require figuring out how to get the relevant context and data and then using it to arrive at well thought out solutions that are effective and implementable. A structured and transparent approach to what you are doing will be key to getting broad buy-in.
Some examples of the kinds of projects you could work on could range from:
- Developing a structured process for go-to-market stakeholders to prioritize product requirements and feed them into the product roadmap
- Refining the way we track our marketing funnel by developing KPIs, dashboards and a process where go-to-market stakeholders can review and action it
- Leading a cross-functional workstream to identify options to optimize our pricing and packaging and help drive implementation
- Driving the definition and articulation of our long-term strategy and vision with the Executive Team and identification of key operational implications
To succeed, you must be data driven, structured, a great communicator, enjoy variety in your work, deal well with ambiguity and have an insatiable drive to make an impact.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of relevant experience: consulting, finance, etc with at least one year in an operating role
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries (or a willingness to learn fast)
- Familiarity with Excel (other analytics tools a plus)
- Ability to structure & present complex topics on the page, or in person
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- Keep active with our wellness program that allows you to expense your gym membership and other sports activities up to $90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!