Intercom is creatively fixing... 🛠️
Intercom is creatively fixing how internet businesses connect with customers for more human conversation. Our teams are ambitious and humble – learning, solving and celebrating together. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies:
- 400+ employees worldwide
- $1M to $50M Annual Recurring Revenue in 3 years
- 25,000+ customers
- 1,000 new customers monthly
Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Design Systems team in Dublin. You'll be collaborating with our cross-functional teams (Product Designers, Product Engineers, Product Managers) to define our visual and interaction design language and lead the evolution of our design system by designing reusable UI components that accelerate workflows for our designers and engineers.
Intercom is a design-driven company. Two of our founders (our CEO and CSO) were designers. Our VP of Product was a designer. Most of our product managers were designers. Members of our design team have already joined us from teams at Facebook, Google, GitHub, Yandex, and a range of respected agencies and startups. With a strong design culture, many smart people to learn from and complete buy-in from the very beginning, this is a place where you will have the opportunity to do the very best work of your career.
What will I be doing? 🚀
You'll work with our Design Systems team to:
- Lead an effort to up-level visual & interaction design quality of our web and mobile apps. This includes working with our Brand and Product Designers to set direction and Engineers to implement changes
- Design a modern and thoughtful UI component library. Go beyond designing general UI components and design a full stack design system
- Give thoughtful and actionable design feedback to our Product Designers
- Work closely with Engineers to implement your designs at a high degree of quality
- Create tools that accelerate workflows for Designers and Engineers (e.g. Sketch plugins, templates)
- This position is based with our core product and engineering team in Dublin, Ireland. We're more than happy to generously relocate the right candidate, including significant others, kids, pets, etc! Most of our designers have come from outside of Ireland. People from San Francisco, London, Paris, Moscow, and many other places have relocated to Dublin and joined us on our hyper growth journey.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Highly refined visual, interaction and motion design skills and the ability to communicate rationale behind decisions
- Strong understanding of classic interaction design principles and how to use them
- Experience designing and shipping digital products and systems, not just websites
- Ability to generate attractive ideas in a wide range of visual styles
- The ability to create high-fidelity interaction prototypes
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device, desktop, tablet, phone
- Good eye for detail. You value quality and polish in the work that you and your team produce
- You are an excellent self starter who's hungry for learning
- You thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience working with and creating pattern libraries, and passion about design systems and models such as atomic design
- You enjoy writing and speaking about design
How to apply
Use the form below and make sure to include a link or a PDF file of your portfolio with examples of designs that you’re most proud of. Ideally you should include a brief explanation of your design decisions for the examples provided: what’s the problem you were trying to solve and how did you approach it?
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.