The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, with a particular focus on the EMEA region, partner with our senior sales, self-serve, and support leaders. You'll also take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the EMEA Sales & Support Operations Manager you will drive the creation and execution of quarterly and annual revenue plans, analyze and share insights on key revenue and marketing trends, and design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity for the region. You will also adapt and lead the roll-out of global initiatives in EMEA, including critical sales, self-serve, and support processes, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before. You are also able to work autonomously, yet collaboratively within a global team.
What will I be doing?
- Partner closely with senior leadership in Dublin to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales processes and operations and the end-to-end customer experience
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentive design and segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data-driven resolutions.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Establish strong working relationships with regional sales leadership, customer support, marketing, and finance to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience in Sales Operations and/or an analytics role (management consulting or investment banking)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Comfort, and preferably experience, working with many sales-related tools including SFDC
Bonus Skills & Attributes
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SQL is a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.