The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. In February 2017, Intercom announced it had surpassed $50M in annual recurring revenue, an increase from $1M in ARR just three years prior, making it one of the fastest-growing companies in tech. Today more than 17,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
As a Sales Development Representative, your role will be to engage with prospects and customers, help them understand the value of Intercom, and move them forward in the sales process. As Intercom's first point of contact, you play a key role in creating a great first impression and building momentum for not only the sales team but the company as a whole. We're looking for people who are excited to work in a fast moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Sales Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a lot of opportunity for growth.
What will I be doing?
- You'll be engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit
- You'll get to work closely with Account Executives & Relationship Managers to create quality pipeline
- You'll be creating a great first impression of Intercom for prospective customers
- You'll demonstrate an ability to engage with and attract new customers
- You'll maintain an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- You'll work with other functions to improve business processes
- You'll engage in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need?
- 1+ years of experience, ideally in sales or lead qualification role
- You're adept in both written and verbal communication
- You have exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
- You have strong organization and time management skills
- You're intellectually curious and coachable
- You're self-motivated and ambitious
Bonus skills & attributes
- Fluency in French or German is preferable
- You've worked in the tech industry before
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.