The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office, and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
At Intercom, Finance and Analytics partners with every function in the organization to help make sense of our business using metrics and data. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
- Perform day-to-day billing operations including calculating billing, creating and reviewing invoices, and posting cash receipts
- Accounts receivable
- Own weekly commissions reporting
- General ledger reconciliations
- Assist in month-end close as needed
- Assist in VAT reporting
- Ad Hoc reporting to assist in financial decision making
- Manipulating large data sets using Excel and SQL
What skills do I need?
- Required: Commissions accounting experience
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment autonomously and with minimal direction
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to do what needs to be done
- Proven working experience as Accountant / Auditor
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Revenue Recognition experience, preferred
- Accounts Receivable experience, preferred
- Skills querying SQL database, preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite, preferred
- Experience using Bill.com, preferred
- Experience using Xactly Commissions Software, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
Bonus skills & attributes
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!